Truck Load Rates Halt 8 Week Slide 2.0

Discussion in 'Freight Broker Forum' started by Scooter Jones, Mar 7, 2020.

1. Siinman

Siinman Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2017
    Kansas City, MO.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. D.Tibbitt

D.Tibbitt Road Train Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Gettin' down westbound
    dwells40, SteveScott and Siinman Thank this.
  4. Siinman

Mar 5, 2017
    Kansas City, MO.
    Vampire Thanks this.
  5. Kenworth6969

Kenworth6969 Road Train Member

Jul 3, 2020
  6. 062

062 Road Train Member

Oct 20, 2013
    Somebody talk me out of it...
    D976D62C-D9F3-419F-9EBF-38985DD8FE6D.png
    :eek::eek::eek:

Vampire, SteveScott, blakjak and 3 others Thank this.
  7. Midwest Trucker

Midwest Trucker Road Train Member

Aug 31, 2018
    Not bad for sure. It’s nice they have 1 row of e track. Still need to add skirts and tire carrier. I don’t know much about that brand. Would be interesting to know what the insulation numbers and rating is. Also, which TK unit that price gets you.

dwells40 and Siinman Thank this.
  8. Siinman

Mar 5, 2017
    Kansas City, MO.
    <I have been doing longer runs here lately and doing that on reefer would not be a big deal. Before I did a lot of one day runs and maxed out everyday and would refuse to think about reefer doing that work. Been thinking if I did more long runs it would pay a little more most of the time than my dry van. Although I have been doing pretty good going out all but not as good coming back.

I would guess going out to WA from MO would pay very well in the winter since I can kill it in a dry van. But I think if I was gonna do Reefer I would custom order and do a lot of home work. It seems that Reefer has a lot of options depending on what you carry.

9. SteveScott

SteveScott Road Train Member

Nov 10, 2015
    Didn't you buy one or two reefers? I remember you were thinking about it and I thought you did, but I can't remember now. If so, how are they working out?

Do a lot of homework before getting a reefer to do loads out of WA. You really have to know somebody in that area to get a foot in the door for reefer loads out of the state. If you look at any load board, the scraps leftover pay almost nothing, but contract freight pays a lot. I subbed for an O/O doing fruit loads from WA to CA and they paid remarkably well. Once he didn't need me anymore, I tried making some calls to get into that end of the business, but nobody would talk to me. Everybody had contracts. I think a lot of Canadian carriers coming across from BC get loads out of WA to get them to a destination elsewhere in the US before heading home. Loads heading into WA, especially the eastern part of the state usually pay really well. Kind of a pain in the winter though, especially this year.

dwells40 and Siinman Thank this.
  10. Siinman

Mar 5, 2017
    Kansas City, MO.
    I do dry van now and do pretty good. Not sure it is really worth it yet since I have not ran the numbers. Just something I have been thinking about this year. I run up that way during the year so thought might pay a little more. Not sure how the market really is In my area since I have not got to far into the thought process. Will do lots of home work if I decide to go that route.

Vampire, SteveScott and dwells40 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.