Truck loads Texas low pay

Discussion in 'Freight Broker Forum' started by Ownboss trucker, Nov 17, 2023.

1. Ownboss trucker

Ownboss trucker Bobtail Member

May 20, 2022
    Why do loads coming out of Texas pay really low?
    Are brokers stealing or is it because drivers are dumb enough to take that low ####?

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 17, 2023
    Reason for edit: Skirting profanity filter
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. tequesia2

tequesia2 Light Load Member

Mar 14, 2019
    Gonna go out on a limb here and say, "supply and demand"

There are more trucks than loads in TX right now. So you either roll empty or take some gas money to get to/closer to a tighter market where you can demand your higher rate. Either way, as a broker, doesn't matter to me, because you should have demanded a higher rates to go in because of the loose TX market

4. PPNLE

PPNLE Road Train Member

Jun 15, 2017
    St. Paul, MN
    As @tequesia2 said. And it depends on *where* in Texas, and *where* it's going. Texas to Texas has always been relatively cheap. Texas outbound going west pays a bit better. Going to a place with "decent" freight, it's lower again.

All we're doing is dealing with the market forces. There isn't a cabal of brokers working Texas freight who are fixing the prices so they can take more of the pie. This market is way too fractious for any 'organized' push to do stuff like that. Brokerage is full of people who will happily slit each others' throats by a few points to secure the freight and increase their share. It's just like why every trucking "strike" and protest has failed to do much of anything over the past several years.

5. 2rescuekids

2rescuekids Light Load Member

May 25, 2023
    Yes, both

6. tequesia2

Mar 14, 2019
    you really believe Brokers are "stealing" your rate in TX?

7. PPNLE

PPNLE Road Train Member

Jun 15, 2017
    St. Paul, MN
  8. tequesia2

Mar 14, 2019
    well now we are going in circles lol

9. Short Fuse EOD

Short Fuse EOD Road Train Member

Jul 29, 2015
    Midwest
    A new trend that is gripping Texas. Population has/is growing. That requires more food intake, more consumer goods….
    Follow…
    All the increased trucks into the state are looking to go outbound. Texas will mirror “somewhat” Florida. Not as bad… but somewhat.
    It’s simple math, stop blaming brokers. They will be in a world of hurt next year.- Understand market demands, and plan accordingly.

10. NorthEastTrucker

NorthEastTrucker Medium Load Member

Sep 21, 2019
    Is the Trucking market for loads out of Texas this bad? My wife keeps on encouraging us to sell everything and move there however the only thing I've noticed is the majority is fuel hauler companies and not as much dry or reefer haulers. Now that I'm reading this thread its kinda finalizing my decision that maybe Texas isn't good for loads right now overall?

Last edited: Nov 18, 2023
    Reason for edit: Missing info
  11. 86scotty

86scotty Road Train Member

Aug 27, 2017
    Appalachia
    I wouldn't base a decision to move on loads out of an area. Rates coming in would be a little more important to me. Wherever you call home you can make relationships and figure out how to get 'out' but you don't want to suffer just to get home.
    Anyway, just my perspective running almost pure spot market.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.