Truck loads Texas low pay

Discussion in 'Freight Broker Forum' started by Ownboss trucker, Nov 17, 2023.

1. NorthEastTrucker

NorthEastTrucker Medium Load Member

Sep 21, 2019
    Well yeah, thats the thing. I'm currently an O/o leased onto a company right now in Ontario, Canada so there's a lot of paperwork that needs to be implemented from incorporating in the U.s., transferring my cdl license, possibly Operating my own Authority depending on the Spot market once there is a change if and when we move etc. She works in the medical field so Texas is good for her however, I've been looking even before I became an Owner Operator a year ago and hauling fuel was never interesting to me but in 2022 thats all I saw as a majority of lease on Own Operator jobs. Of course I want her to be happy and she is reasonable so we have been looking in OH, IN and NC.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 86scotty

86scotty Road Train Member

Aug 27, 2017
    Appalachia
    All 3 good states for freight in or out.

4. Kenworth6969

Kenworth6969 Road Train Member

Jul 3, 2020
    Taking a load into Texas is nearing taking a load into South Florida or New England.

You better not go unless you get a fortune going in.

5. 86scotty

Aug 27, 2017
    Appalachia
    I agree with that completely but I've always thought the inbound demand was balanced by all of the outbound like made in Mexico, such as auto parts, that come out of Mexico and through Texas. I've always been fairly lucky getting out of Texas but maybe it's just that, lucky.

6. Atlanta trucker

Atlanta trucker Road Train Member

Jan 25, 2017
    It’s because there are way to many trucks , way to many owner operators , way to many freight brokers and way to many carriers. If half of these folks would leave the industry the rates would go up.

7. JimmyTwoTimes

JimmyTwoTimes Medium Load Member

Aug 23, 2019
    This guy gets it. Trucking capacity is up 49% since 2018, but tender volumes are only up 16%. Carriers are bleeding out of the market place, but there is still a lot of blood shed to go before the market starts incline again. Some experts are saying 2025 now.

8. 86scotty

Aug 27, 2017
    Appalachia
    Apparently too many brokers too considering how they are going bankrupt left and right.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.