Truck parking near San Diego?

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by Lennythedriver, May 24, 2024.

1. Lennythedriver

Lennythedriver Road Train Member

Feb 14, 2020
    I know there’s a couple of paid parking spots down along the border, but I’m looking for something out in El Cajon, Poway, Lakeside, or around San Diego itself. Can’t find a single place to park ….anybody know of any secret spots? Or maybe just a truckstop that I wasn’t able to find? Much appreciated.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Allow Me.

Allow Me. Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

May 28, 2009
    Rancho Mirage, Ca.
    Lots of places, I used to do LTL all over S.D. But that was years ago. I'll suggest and I don't know if you need just overnight or have the time to "cruise" these areas, but hwy 67 north of I-8 check out frontage roads, also Poway not a good area. A good area is Miramar Rd west of the I-15 between the 15 and the 805. On the south side is marine base, north side , cruise the side streets which is all industrial area. Another area is Ramona on the 67. Nice little cow-town, kinda no rules there. Also, call Johns trucking, based in Santee, he's a local dirt hauler and knows every inch of S.D. county. Forget about anything south of downtown S.D.

4. tscottme

tscottme Road Train Member

Did you look on Trucker Path?

5. tscottme

tscottme Road Train Member

Maybe try Truck Parking Club. It would be paid parking, usually secured. It might only be a parking spot, no amenities.

Lennythedriver Thanks this.
  6. Lennythedriver

Feb 14, 2020
    hey great advice, I’m sure I’ll find something. Yeah there’s literally no truckstops in that entire region. I’m thinking Ramona might be my go to. I’ve been through there and I could see probably finding somewhere on a side street to park. I have a relative in San Diego. I haven’t seen in 15 years so I’m going down the night before my delivery, if I can find a place to park and take them to dinner.

7. Lennythedriver

Feb 14, 2020
    Yeah, I was all over Truckers Path. Absolutely nothing. Not even a Walmart. Lol.

tscottme Thanks this.
  8. JC1971

JC1971 Road Train Member

Jul 29, 2013
    L.A.
    I've parked overnight in that industrial area near the Pilot and didn't get a ticket. I don't know if they ever write tickets. The Pilot itself should have reserved parking but it's a complete cluster___.

9. TX2Day

TX2Day Medium Load Member

Apr 24, 2023
    Texas
    We run that way every once in a while and park at the Golden Acorn 1800 Golden Acorn Way, Campo, CA 91906. Quiet, showers, good food and if you need a drop of fuel, not bad prices for Cali.

Heavily patrolled in the AM so watch your speed.

10. TheLoadOut

TheLoadOut Road Train Member

Nov 6, 2019
    You would think one of the chains would make a killing by building a large facility just on the outskirts of San Diego since the demand is so high in that area.

silverspur and TX2Day Thank this.
  11. Lennythedriver

Feb 14, 2020
    Just a follow up in case any other fellow drivers find themselves in this region of the country called San Diego. Let me tell you. I have never had such a challenge finding a stealth truck parking spot as I did in San Diego. They definitely do not want truckers here. Lol anyhow I’ve located a few spots in the Lakeside, El Cajon, and Santee areas. Yes, I’m aware there’s a few truck parking places down along the border, but that’s not where I was going. And do not park down there unless you absolutely have to because it is a circus.

silverspur and TX2Day Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.