Truck prices one year later. First was the rate crash and now the truck price crash is under way.

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by Kenworth6969, Feb 2, 2023.

1. OscarGoldman

OscarGoldman Light Load Member

May 9, 2022
    Yep... I'm keeping an eye out for a new tractor that was ordered by some wannabe O/O who thought the interstates were paved in gold. I will capitalize on their stupidity and financial incompetence...

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Long FLD

Long FLD Road Train Member

Mar 4, 2015
    Throw it on the Truckpaper for $200k and see what happens. Could be $600 well spent if someone bites on it.

Dave_in_AZ Thanks this.
  4. Tarh331_Dad

Tarh331_Dad Bobtail Member

Mar 29, 2020
    I've been trying to warn folks for months now: As a businessman, you have got to have a Plan A for what you're gonna do in an INFLATIONARY environment, and a Plan B for what you're gonna do in a DEFLATIONARY environment.

[Hint #1: Cash money loses value during inflation, whereas cash money gains value during deflation.]

[Hint #2: Buy Low, Sell High.]

[Hint #3: Don't ever get Hint #1 backwards, and don't ever Hint #2 backwards.l]

The other thing I keep trying to warn folks about is this attitude that a Truck Driver is necessarily an employee.

If you go to work every day with an employee's attitude, rather than with a BUSINESSMAN'S ATTITUDE, then you've got the slave mentality.

And there's not a whole lot which can be done to improve your life until you jettison that slave mentality and start understanding that you are [or at least ought to be] the master of your own destiny.

Also you've got to be nimble as heck on your feet, like a ballerina or a figure skater - there might be times when you have to spin on a dime, and turn around 180-degrees in the opposite direction, so as to maximize your business prospects: Throw out that old business model and adopt a new business model which actually WORKS.

On the other hand, never trust a newly graduated M.B.A. who thinks he can tell you how to restructure a decades old successful family business [because he's lying to you and he's about to fleece you].

A businessman doesn't get to go home and drink a 12-pack on Friday night and sleep until Sunday morning.

A business man never stops asking himself how he can improve his business so as to make it even more competitive in the marketplace.

86scotty Thanks this.
  5. san00

san00 Medium Load Member

Jan 3, 2011
    After getting the trade in value and with the mid-winter trash rates I kinda lost interest but still take a peak of what's out there. I'm in not need of a truck and the only reason I'm looking is that my driver is getting on up there and would like an automatic for convenience.

But ya $150,000 is not even auction price. Based on the past few Taylor Martin auctions the 389's still seem to be holding up well. I think at auction it would bring anywhere between $175K to $190K.

Speaking of automatics, I did see Fitzgerald get a couple of 389 automatics. My salesman who I bought my other 389s from said he would not order an automatic 389 unless he was 100% certain of the buyer.

6. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.