Truck recovery and when to say no to the company. (with pictures)

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by Flashdrive7, Jul 5, 2022.

1. wichris

wichris Road Train Member

Jan 17, 2011
    I had an O/O that would driver it. He had a whole garbage can of pee bottles. wayne.jpg wayne1.jpg

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Boondock

Boondock Road Train Member

Jul 20, 2019
  4. jethro712

jethro712 Medium Load Member

Aug 31, 2014
  5. Val_Caldera

Val_Caldera Road Train Member

Apr 2, 2021
    TARHEEL
    NO WAY, NO HOW, NO CHANCE, HOWEVER....!!

I've driven some garbage trucks that identified as road worthy, but NEVER one in that inferior interior shape.
    When a Driver opens either Door and the STANK knocks ya back, just close the door and split that scene.

IF You were HIRED as a DRIVER, where in the description did it specify You as a Truck Rescue Driver??
    IF You choose to do such, it shall be a MINIMUM $500.00 IN YOUR HAND before arriving "on scene" as well a local HOTEL for cleaning up after- - - -NOT OPEN FOR DISCUSSION!!

RIGHT, IF You accept such Challenge, You'll Be LEFT To Accept Future Challenges.

6. Flashdrive7

Flashdrive7 Medium Load Member

Apr 24, 2015
    West Coast
    I stuck to the guns, followed everyones advice and most importantly found my pair *@#$. They took me out of the equation. I'm not going near that truck. They are going to put me up at the Motel6 for a few days. If it takes a long time to get my own truck fixed (it has def feed problems) arrangements will be made to get me back to the terminal and get in a new truck.

7. Flashdrive7

Flashdrive7 Medium Load Member

Apr 24, 2015
    West Coast
    No, I'm not new. If trucking had military uniforms, I would have three hash marks. I just tend to be a punching bag sometimes. Then I remember to punch back.

tarmadilo, haycarter, Boondock and 7 others Thank this.
  8. SteveScott

SteveScott Road Train Member

Nov 10, 2015
    Good for you. When I was a company driver I said NO to all kinds of special requests. It never cost me my job, and taught them that I wasn't a pushover for stupid requests.

9. Wasted Thyme

Wasted Thyme Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2020
    GOAT watching
    Most have a recovery driver. Stevens Transport does. One of the CDL trainers used to do recovery during the winter. When the school was slow.

10. DRTDEVL

DRTDEVL Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Austin, MN
    If a company needs to have a recovery driver on staff, why would anyone want to work there? That only tells me that people are quitting and leaving trucks everywhere when they were screwed over by said company.

In 3 years here, I have recovered one truck. A total of 5 have been recovered in those three years. All of those recoveries (that I know of) were due to medical issues forcing a driver off the road and we needed to get the truck to put someone else in it. None of these trucks were left nasty. The one I recovered needed help with getting his fridge out of the truck, which we gladly did at his house and then drove off with it. The only issue I had was he was a heavy smoker, so I had to sleep with the screened sleeper windows open for some fresh air.

11. Wasted Thyme

Wasted Thyme Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2020
    GOAT watching
    Really? Boy you are out of touch. How about my truck? It had to be recovered after I ended up in the hospital for cancer. Or the trucks recovered from accidents.

Recovery of trucks is for a heck of a lot other reasons than turn over.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.