Truck route violation

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by Dewey120, Nov 28, 2011.

1. otherhalftw

otherhalftw R.I.P.

Nov 18, 2008
    CA...gold discovery foothills
    Think about it!

they quoted you the cost for representation....and the "ticket price"?

In other words...they themselves know that the ticket will be charged not dismissed...even if the officer can't make the appearance. L.A. County will continue the proceeding if the officer can't make the appearance...bet they didn't tell you that one did they?

Did they tell you that the court will mail you the amount of the fine, with the "summons" from the court, will be 3 options;
    1. Plead guilty and pay the fine by cashiers check or money order and send to the address on the letter.
    2. Plead "Nolo Contendre"..(no contest)...with an explanation, include the bail amount by cashiers check or money order, along with your written signed explanation of the situation...and the court might reduce the infraction.
    3. Send in the bail amount with a cashiers check or money order, requesting a trial date, pleading "Not Guilty".

Why would you want to double or better than double the cost of this ticket? Trust me...you can't beat the CA system...the officers get paid to go to court and waste a day wandering around the court house. They will show for the hearing!

Onetruckpony and Dewey120 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. CondoCruiser

CondoCruiser The Legend

Apr 18, 2010
    Tennessee
    I'm with otter on this one. It's not a serious offense and carries no weight on your future. You even have a buffer zone of getting one more ticket, as far as employment goes. Just remain clean for the next 3 years and it'll be behind you.

You fight tickets that are....
    cost effective
    jeopordize your employment and career
    risking suspension

This one is a little slap on the hand. No way would I spend an extra $400 for a 50/50 chance of getting it reduced or dismissed. You've been driving 3 years. How many tickets have you had?
    I rest my case, guilty, pay up and have the incentive to be a better driver.

Then if you get a second ticket, you fight that one like two male cats trying to get laid. :)

4. Dewey120

Dewey120 Road Train Member

Mar 17, 2010
    Southern California
    You make a good point. The representative I talked to about fighting this ticket said LA was a tough courthouse to fight a ticket. They had 3 similar cases to mine with only one dismissed. I will know the ticket cost in a week and a half, I can even pay the ticket over the phone or on the LA courthouse website.

5. 123456

123456 Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2010
    Unless,

you ever want to get a super job,

like walmart or something..........

Then, you may be surprised at what matters, and what doesn't !!!

6. Dewey120

Mar 17, 2010
    Southern California
    I am really frustrated with myself for not following the truck route. I have been through that area a couple of times without missing it (just venting). I lose focus for a second and do something stupid. I guess it could have been way worse though, luckily there is no low bridge there.

7. Big Don

Big Don "Old Fart"

Sep 8, 2007
    Utah's DIXIE!
    OK, quit beating yourself up about it. It happened, it's over and done with. Deal with it however you decide to, but for heaven sakes, quit with the recriminations. You made a mistake. It cost you a bit.

BUT nobody was injured, or killed. There was no accident.

Learn from it, and move on.

8. Dewey120

Mar 17, 2010
    Southern California
    Haha, you sound like my wife, I guess your both right!

9. misc

misc Light Load Member

Mar 18, 2010
    Fight it. I paid an attorney $600 bucks for the same ticket last summer. She got it dismissed.

10. otherhalftw

otherhalftw R.I.P.

Nov 18, 2008
    CA...gold discovery foothills
    There you go...pay 2 or 3 times the cost of the ticket for a 1 point violation...if the home state even "communicates" or accepts it as a "points violation" by their standards! Makes sense to me....NOT!!!

11. Roadmedic

Roadmedic Road Train Member

Apr 4, 2007

And they wonder why they have no money.

otherhalftw Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.