Truck runs me off the road

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by Lucy in the Sky, Apr 5, 2018.

1. rolls canardly

rolls canardly Road Train Member

Feb 7, 2009
    mt. pocono. pa.
    Another country heard from: So they put in an interstate highway system, and build "Rest Areas."
    They already have the plans, and land acquired, did you ever see any l-o-n-g merge areas on Rt. - 80?
    I really don't think they foresaw the speeds we normally drive today, back when Rt.- 80 was built.
    (Not excusing the attempted murder in the aftermath.) I just steer clear of everybody.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. brsims

brsims Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2009
    Meadville, PA
    FedEx contractors have so many foreign drivers its bloody ridiculous! And a wonder how they don't end up killing even more people on a daily basis.

Trying to remember the last time I DIDN'T hear an Eastern European accent coming out of a FedEx contractor's tractor....

4. pmdriver

pmdriver Road Train Member

Nov 14, 2017
    bazookas I tell you, mount one on each fender, blast them out of the way.

5. Coover

Coover Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2016
    Sad reality of it nowadays is, if you are a safe driver, clean MVR, decent job you are satisfied with, you must yield to all the knuckle draggers.

Is it really worth screwing all this up over to prove a point that some knuckle dragging steering wheel holder won't understand .

If you are the above mentioned knuckle dragging steering wheel holder your welcome, & enjoy your minimum wage job with a mega/ bottom feeder. ;-)

6. shogun

shogun Road Train Member

Jan 23, 2009
    Doing a regen
    Not necessarily. The judge may see a FedEx truck in the ditch on his way to the trial and rule in his favor. Odds are pretty good.

7. tscottme

tscottme Road Train Member

Without saying what I normally do in that situation, you don't want to be "dead right". The merging vehicle has responsibilty to adjust & yield to traffic. You have responsibility to avoid predictable accidents.

8. Hotplate

Hotplate Medium Load Member

Sep 20, 2015
    I've seen more tailgating, speeding, boxing, weaving, etc then I have in the last 20 years. And it's not the garbage haulers of yore in their large car Pete's decked out with straight pipes and chicken lights. No, these days it's mostly governed company trucks !!

Everyday when I finish my route, I run a double-barrel stretch of highway back to my home-20. This particular road has been under construction for quite some time and a good portion of it is marked: "Construction Zone: 50 mph limit, trucks must use left lane." So I run about 52 mph in the left lane. And EVERYDAY I get my doors blown off on the blind side by rigs hammered down. I'll even get drivers about 2 inches from the back of my ICC bar flashing their brights wanting me to get over or move faster. It's nuts !!!

Paper logs had their issues, but one thing they gave us back in the day was flexibility. Unfortunately, many drivers abused that flexibility and now we're all under the watchful eye of Uncle Sam.

Lepton1, Kyle G. and againstthewind Thank this.
  9. againstthewind

againstthewind Road Train Member

Oct 26, 2012
    thats what happens when you make rules that have nothing to do with safety, anyone with a brain can see its not helping, we just traded in tired drivers for drivers in a rush who will run you over, actually now its tired drivers and drivers rushing because elogs havnt helped a thing.

Hotplate Thanks this.
  10. Tigerstail

Tigerstail Bobtail Member

Mar 1, 2018
    ☝️☝️☝️☝️ with a 50 on the roof

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.