Truck Satellite T.V.

Discussion in 'Trucking Electronics, Gadgets and Software Forum' started by donhall108, May 22, 2007.

1. ruggrat007

ruggrat007 <strong>Ms. Diplomacy</strong>

May 30, 2007
    So. Louisiana
    Different areas catch the sat. at different angles. A single round will still get your basic cable, the oval 3 is for your spanish & HD channels, and the mpeg 4 is KA, KU bands. As the older sats start going the new ones will be launched. The 110 sat will be there for a while and that's where your basic cable is. KA, & KU will be phased in as they go. My husband installs now instead of driving & that's what I was doing when I met him.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. binder_boy

binder_boy Light Load Member

Apr 10, 2007
    Medford O.R.
    i would love to see that.

4. ruggrat007

ruggrat007 <strong>Ms. Diplomacy</strong>

May 30, 2007
    So. Louisiana
    love to see what?:biggrin_2554:

5. donhall108

donhall108 Bobtail Member

May 22, 2007
    Just a final note on progress about best avail install for Volvo company trucks or similar; I checked with Satellite Man at the Petro in W. Memphis to look at at working demo of the Vue Qube. Must admit,I was very impressed with the unit,a V10. Apparantly others have asked similar questions about drilling holes in back of cab,not an option if I want to keep my job. He showed me a heavy quage conversion plate made specifically for the Volvo which bolts to your Qualcom mounting bracket. From there,you or your installer can run the coax to whichever entry point you want to your cab interior. The dish is aimed via a remote,is easy (even for an idiot like me) to find the signal in mere minutes. The best part,it's all wireless from the remote. As of 6/30,says he has sold 22 of these units. I got a customers phn#,not sure if that's legal,but called one guy and asked him how he likes it. The guys says it is "The Best Money he has ever spent on anything for the truck" and would not be without it ! Nuff said! The cost is a bit steep,as this is new technology. I will be ordering one after my 3 weeks vacation and installing myself. Will let ya'all know on how it turns out. P.S., Did I mention,it's all tax deductable! Man,I love this job!!!

6. Global Trucker

Global Trucker Bobtail Member

Aug 2, 2007
    Murray, KY
    If you have a satellite dish at home you can now have one on the road. We here at Global Trucker carry the Vu Qube which is a mobile satellite antenna unit. The Vu Qube V10 is the most cost- effective mobile radome covered satellite antenna on the market. Its low price and ease of installation make it a perfect choice for the long-haul trucker. Using the innovative FastFind wireless remote to position the antenna, satellite signal acquisition takes less than 5 minutes! Another innovative feature of the Vu Qube V10 is how it is powered. Because the antenna receives power from the DBS receiver, only a single coaxial cable is installed. To learn more please visit our website here.

7. Pebblestogo

Pebblestogo Bobtail Member

Aug 13, 2012
    Ft..Myers,Fl.
    I am looking for someone who can help me with my vue qube it took a poop on me and really need to look for someone in the Ft.Myers,Fl. Area. It turned one way and now it won't go back the other way. Had it fixed one other time in SLC,Utah. Don't get out there harsly anymore will be home for a week so thought someone might lnow of someone in my area. THANKS. Pebblestogo.

8. Dieselboss

Dieselboss Technology Contributor

Feb 19, 2009
    DieselBoss.com

Go here: http://www.kingcontrols.com/storelocator/index.aspx

Put in the zip or city. Call the dealers in that area first though to make sure they do what you are needing.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.