truck stop ettiquit to grill or not to grill

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by southbaydad, Dec 17, 2009.

1. southbaydad

southbaydad Light Load Member

Dec 10, 2009
    Arizona
    wow thats hard to believe, as much time as one spends sitting in stops and buying their products u would think that was a pretty extreme move by the manager, cant imagine that is a very common occurance? maybe they already "pushed he managers buttons" some how. :biggrin_25513:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Allow Me.

Allow Me. Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

May 28, 2009
    Rancho Mirage, Ca.
    A stepdeck with 4 feet of empty space works great as a table to place the grill on. Just be careful of drivers coming over with rancid meat that has been in their cooler and offering you some.

4. Rollover the Original

Rollover the Original Road Train Member

Jul 1, 2009
    Springfield,MO
    If you use charcoal PLEASE let it go out and dispose of it in the trash and not on the asphalt alson with the plates and other trash! I've watched too many BBQ'ers leave their trash right there in sight of a trash can!

5. A512

A512 Light Load Member

Dec 16, 2009
    nunya
    I say grill! I say if they dont want you grilling they don't need your business. Besides, fj always would have a guy(emplye) out there grillin #### near in the walkway

southbaydad Thanks this.
  6. blackw900

blackw900 The Grandfather of Flatbed

Jul 12, 2009
    A.W.O.L
    Every time I get laid over somewhere I break out the grill....Back row barbecues are the best!

southbaydad Thanks this.
  7. phroziac

phroziac Road Train Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Gary, IN
    Why? I don't care if its against the policy at my company, i just aint gonna let other drivers from the same company see it if it isnt! And there's plenty of skateboards with placards. I saw one with radioactive placards a couple months ago.

8. simplyred1962

simplyred1962 Betty Boop, One Bodacious Babe!!!

Sweetie, I'm gonna tell ya something that others probably have already...
    Cook your food on that portable grill as often as you can!!

The more you can save by cooking your own food, the better, and might I say the healthier, as well.

P.S. The truck stop might "frown" upon you cooking and eating your own food...but let's face it...your tax dollars, and your buying fuel, FAR outweighs the bucks they lose from you cooking and eating your OWN food.

Judi Kay

southbaydad Thanks this.
  9. notarps4me

notarps4me Road Train Member

Jan 1, 2007
    NASA HQ
    Originally Posted by notarps4me [​IMG]
    Can tell you ain't no skateboarder....:biggrin_2559:

Why? Because we grill on the board.:biggrin_25523:

10. phroziac

phroziac Road Train Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Gary, IN
    Hah, duh!

I think im gonna skateboard soon.

11. TripleSix

TripleSix God of Roads

Apr 10, 2009
    Copied in Hell
    Story Time: Grillin Time

Was at the Hook doing a restart. Met up with a lady skater and traded war stories. Another skater comes up and joins in. Then an old school lowboy. Then a rooster cruiser. The lady mentioned going to WalMart and the other skater mentioned firing up the grill. I hand the lady a $20 and she offers the other skater a ride to WalMart.

They come back with groceries and the skater comes back with a free 6 week old puppy. Party Time!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.