Truck stop low lifes

Discussion in 'Truck Stops' started by Lonewolf2000, Dec 4, 2018.

1. skellr

skellr Road Train Member

Jul 17, 2011
    The Village, Portmeirion
    Maybe something like this.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. magoo68

magoo68 Road Train Member

Jun 11, 2011
    st malo mb canada
    Swedish bears are kittens

4. MTN Boomer

MTN Boomer Road Train Member

Feb 4, 2019
    Back then there were laws about being a vagrant, had to have x $ on you..some were ha6uled off trains to work on farms. My Grandmother fed any one who came to the back door.I hitchhiked around going to jobs with few $$ .Almost went to jail in Flag, never thought about begging for $

dwells40 Thanks this.
  5. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    yeah, things have certainly changed. YES< you had to have x number of dollars in your pocket, back in my youth. i cannot recall what that amount was.

the begging situation is ramping up in my area..they, (the beggars) are now roaming thru the neighborhoods, and actually come onto your property if they see you from the sidewalk.

one scared the life out of my sister.

now she is afraid to go out at night, even if to just throw out the trash.

i have indeed made actual threats towards thier life, if they come any closer to me and the GTFO my property.

i have signs posted about NO trespassing, and keep out.

that is there for insurance purposes, and if need be, to hold up in court, if i choose to call the cops, instead of Mr. 9 MM.

6. mover man

mover man Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2010
    We have them at the bottom of the hill that walmart is on top of. They are very orderly, taking turns. Almost like work shifts, the ones who do best have either funny or honest signs. One guys sign says honk if your horny, and give me $20 so I can get some loving to.

7. Antinomian

Antinomian Road Train Member

Feb 17, 2013
    The rise of this phenomenon corresponds with the wholesale closure of state hospitals across the nation in the late 70's and early 80's.

austinmike and buddyd157 Thank this.
  8. not4hire

not4hire Road Train Member

May 16, 2012
    Calgary
    Doesn't always work out as planned...

[​IMG]

magoo68 and 25(2)+2 Thank this.
  9. 25(2)+2

25(2)+2 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 18, 2006
    the road less travelled
    Dennehy in that one.

not4hire Thanks this.
  10. TokyoJoe

TokyoJoe Road Train Member

Feb 10, 2015
    I only carry cash to tip when I eat somewhere or get a haircut. when a bum asks for some money I just tell them sorry I don't carry cash.

buddyd157, austinmike and dwells40 Thank this.
  11. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    did you know that some colleges, some where actually teach/taught panhandling?

one example
    Bible College To Offer Course On Panhandling For Future Youth Pastors

did you know that several news stations across America did an expose on panhandlers and followed them to their $30,000 cars?

did you know that panhandlers usually do buy drugs, alcohol to support thier habit, which you just became an enabler?

you are free to do as YOU WISH, but not me, and apparently not too many others responding in this thread.

it's not so much about not caring about human beings, it's (for me) not wanting to be an enabler for the beggars to go and get thier hourly "fix"....

i earned all my money, and i choose to use it for me and MY family.

there are shelters for these people, and jobs available to them thru many of these shelters.

when the vast majority do not apply themselves to make thier world, thier life better, why should we just give them money?

get out and work.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.