Truck stop low lifes

Discussion in 'Truck Stops' started by Lonewolf2000, Dec 4, 2018.

1. kemosabi49

kemosabi49 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jan 13, 2013
    SW Arkansas
    I used to run into the Denver area a lot and sometime would stay at the Super 8 motel on Peoria St. Has good truck parking. There was always a guy that stood at the end of the exit with his sign asking for $$$. One time after I checked in, another driver and I walked across the street to the liquor store for some beer. In walked the guy with his sign tucked into his backpack and ask the clerk for "the usual". He set a quart of cheap vodka and two packs of smokes on the counter and said "your here early today" The guy says " yeah I had a real good morning". I about hit the floor I was laughing so hard.

stwik, Dan.S, wore out and 1 other person Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. mover man

mover man Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2010
    You don't no If it was stolen or highjacked, anymore than you no they wernt.

4. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    and why take a chance, on buying hot stuff, and getting arrested in a sting operation at the truck stops..???

then losing your job..????

do as YOU WISH, i will not buy anything from a street urchin or hawker at the truck stops...

TokyoJoe and Muddydog79 Thank this.
  5. mover man

Feb 21, 2010
    Your living in a unrealistic fantasy land, 8f you really believe that.

VIDEODROME Thanks this.
  6. mover man

Feb 21, 2010
    Can not argue your logic. Becauae it is possible but not really plausible.

7. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    so, by your way of thinking, every hawker at the truck stops is legit..???

can i interest you in a connex radio for $9.99 still in the box..??

meet in the row nearest the garage at midnight, tuesday December 18th

8. John A.

John A. Light Load Member

Jun 21, 2018
    Montgomery, MI
    I don't just believe that, I know it to be a fact. I've actually been homeless twice in my life. Once living in the bushes behind a movie theater and once in a tent in the woods. Never panhandle, used day-labor with the illegals and gov assistance to get back on my feet.

TokyoJoe, Snailexpress and buddyd157 Thank this.
  9. mpd240

mpd240 Road Train Member

Sep 17, 2011
    Minnesota
    I've had times during the course of my duties to work with the mentally ill. When I meet people who are schizophrenic or had other serious mental health issues there was no doubt in my mind they could not hold a job.

Many years ago the state of Minnesota closed most of the long term care facilities at state hospitals. Treatment for the mentally ill was supposed to become community based. Didn't work so well. Lots ended up in jail or on the street.

As a man who is trying to be a better Christian I like the following passage.

Matthew. 25:40
    And the King will say, 'I tell you the truth, when you did it to one of the least of these my brothers and sisters, you were doing it to me

Now I will admit that I have failed at this more than I have been successful. However, I think how desperate would I have to be to beg for money. The shame and self loathing would be unbareable.

Those that would take advantage of my kindness by deceiving me, it is their sin and not mine. They will have to be judged for it and be held accountable.

10. darknessesedge

darknessesedge Medium Load Member

Jul 8, 2013
    don't be to hard on lowlifes, they are probably lease operators..

Friend and Snailexpress Thank this.
  11. Opus

Opus Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    South GA
    you should have posted the entire passage............

35 For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in,
    36 I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’
    37 “Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink?
    38 When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you?
    39 When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’
    40 “The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’

oh, and there's more too........

41 “Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels.
    42 For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink,
    43 I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.’
    44 “They also will answer, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?’
    45 “He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.’

I saw a guy panhandling outside of the Flying J on the east side of Dallas, (near Schneider) one morning. When he asked me for money, I said no and kept on walking. When I got to my truck my angel asked me what would it have hurt to give the guy a dollar? After all, I have more than I need. Since then, I have never turned anyone down and I'm still not broke.
    The next time someone asks you for money, simply ask yourself, "what would it hurt?" It is not our job to judge the motivations of others; that job has already been taken. Our job is on the other side of the transaction.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.