Truck stops in Bordentown, NJ

Discussion in 'Truck Stops' started by Waterman_99, Dec 15, 2021.

1. Waterman_99

Waterman_99 Light Load Member

Oct 24, 2021
    What is up with the loves truck stop in bordentown?! Yesterday and today the truck traffic was all the way out on the street clogging up traffic with guys waiting to fuel. Its a madhouse. Is loves that popular that guys will wait 2hrs by the looks of it to get fuel?!? I just dont get it. If I were OTR, I'd want nothing to do with truck stops like that and would fuel up before I hit major metro areas, which I guess Bordentown would be considered since its between philly and nyc? I dont know. Its just crazy seeing trucks snaking through the whole parking lot like that with em all waiting on fuel. If I was in a big rig in that mess Id turn the truck off, call my dispatch, n tell em to come get their rig lolol

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. buzzarddriver

buzzarddriver Road Train Member

Feb 1, 2011
    Dallas, TX
    Trucking companies using "fuel solutions" software and there is a half penny drop in the fuel discount at that fuel stop so all of the companies send their trucks there. Then there is a cluster like you saw and the software will send trucks to other fuel stops because of the volume of trucks waiting.
    Happens all the time.

bzinger Thanks this.
  4. fairshake

fairshake Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2010
    Chickenville, BFE
    Loves sells flip flops.

austinmike, Lite bug and bzinger Thank this.
  5. bryan21384

bryan21384 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    Well....if you're traveling north, and your company authorizes fueling at Love's, you won't have another location to stop at if you have to stay on 95. If you're traveling south on 95, you don't have another location til you get well into Virginia. I think that's a contributing factor. They should have done like the nearby Petro and build where there was a lot of space.

Dave1837 Thanks this.
  6. kemosabi49

kemosabi49 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jan 13, 2013
    SW Arkansas
    That place was a Pilot. It is one of the stops that Loves acquired during the Pilot's acquisition of the Flying J

Cat sdp and bryan21384 Thank this.
  7. PSM379

PSM379 Heavy Load Member

Apr 19, 2019
    Both are dumps and to be avoided anymore. I used to frequent the petro often. Restaurant was good, I’d get in the lot mid day, if I was desperate I’d use the blue beacon for a truck wash. Chrome shop inside is good for a missing lug nut cover, light, hub cap etc. I think I was in that loves once maybe 8 years ago and said never again. I will stop at the petro depending on my mood and on time of day and what the driveway coming in looks like. That loves is always backed up like that.

Waterman_99 Thanks this.
  8. Cat sdp

Cat sdp . .

Apr 8, 2012
    Orion's Belt
    Both places are a cluster……

Elroythekid and bryan21384 Thank this.
  9. drvrtech77

drvrtech77 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    That location used to be a pilot..

Elroythekid and bryan21384 Thank this.
  10. Elroythekid

Elroythekid Road Train Member

Sep 9, 2010
    Halifax Nova Scotia
    That wasn't yesterday.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.