Truck Stops To Avoid With High Value Loads

Discussion in 'Truck Stops' started by mjd4277, Jun 5, 2020.

1. HardwareHyena

HardwareHyena Light Load Member

Nov 17, 2011
    Depew, NY
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. mjd4277

mjd4277 Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2015
    Fitchburg,MA
    I don’t know about that,I don’t mess with single mothers!;)

4. MTN Boomer

MTN Boomer Road Train Member

Feb 4, 2019
    Pulled out of a Yard in Chicago, went less than a block, they had a door open, got a police report, reported it . Next load , stopped outside the gate and put a lock on the door.

5. ronjeremyjr

ronjeremyjr Medium Load Member

Mar 6, 2020
    NY Tristate Area
    If a load is stolen it’s probably an inside job. The average person on the street doesn’t know what’s in the trailer.

6. striker

striker Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2009
    Denver, Co
    I'm genuinely confused, where is there a Love's on I 270 in Denver. I've lived here 41 yrs, I've driven I 270 5 days a week for 30 yrs, I've never seen a Love's on there. Are they talking about Sapp Bros? Sapp's is probably safer than the T/A, cops sort of regularly patrol it.

7. striker

striker Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2009
    Denver, Co
    We used to get Best Buy loads on piggy backs out of Mexico full of flat screens tv's with 4 to 6 high security seals. Now, we get loads of cookies coming from Chicago, 4 bolt seals and 2 or 3 cable seals. Who knew cookies were so valuable.

Years back, when they were testing "star wars" stuff in Hawaii, the people doing it were based at Kirtland AFB in Albuquerque, the really high value stuff shipped on a C-130 with an armed crew. The misc. pieces and parts were loaded on 40' sea cans, trucked to Denver, railed to Long Beach then by ship. One night, I was taking a loaded can back to Kirtland, just north of Trinidad, Colo. had some yahoo in a pickup start playing games with me, he'd race up behind the trailer then back off, or start to pass me, get alongside the trailer and then back off, after the 3rd time, I called Colo. State Patrol, of course it was 3 am and all the Troopers were sleeping, I explained what was going, dispatcher said "well, maybe the driver is trying to stay awake" as soon as I said I was hauling a sealed container with military cargo, I was transferred to Trinidad police. Trinidad cop was waiting on the El Moro overpass for me to go buy, second cop was waiting in the median, Las Animas Sheriff's deputy was dispatched from 15 miles away. Dispatch kept me on the line until the first cop hit his lights to initiate the traffic stop, she then told me to stop at the Raton P.O.E. and check in with them. Raton told me Trinidad called him, the guy was bored and trying to stay awake. Cops explained politely the error of his ways.

Studebaker Hawk and 650cat425 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.