Truck stops with good food

Discussion in 'Truck Stops' started by ronjeremyjr, Mar 6, 2020.

1. Road*Runner

Road*Runner Light Load Member

Jun 14, 2015
    Arkansas
    I like Hillbilly hideout exit 35 on I-40 in Arkansas. 24 hr full service diner. Catfish is hit or miss depending on who is cooking. Some days its great, sometimes not. Breakfast and burgers are great. They also have one of the best deli's around. Deli closes at 8pm. Good parking. Always clean.

Vampire, RockinChair, Deadwood and 3 others Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. BackwoodsGA

BackwoodsGA Road Train Member

Mar 18, 2012
    Elgin Nd
    Iron skillet in woodford Texas was awesome some years back.Dont know if it's still kicking or been turned into a Popeyes like Fargo.

D.Tibbitt and Road*Runner Thank this.
  4. gekko1323

gekko1323 Road Train Member

Jul 14, 2018
    Henderson, NV
    There is a Thai/Sushi place behind the Love's that has great food and was pretty inexpensive.

5. ronjeremyjr

ronjeremyjr Medium Load Member

Mar 6, 2020
    NY Tristate Area
    One place I do like is big cabin plaza in ok
    if I 44. I never tried the sit down restaurant but the quick to go food is good imo. Burgers/ beef brisket sandwiches/ pulled pork sandwiches/fried shrimp and fish. I like the food there and don’t turn my nose up at it. There’s also a subway there to satisfy the fast food junkies.

6. trucknguy

trucknguy Medium Load Member

Mar 19, 2015
    West coast
    Best cinnamon rolls anywhere. Fat Harvey’s used to be up the road at the 99mm, but it’s an Indian joint now

D.Tibbitt and kemosabi49 Thank this.
  7. tarmadilo

tarmadilo Road Train Member

Dec 12, 2018
    Excellent bbq at the Texas Best places in Nash, Texas (Texarkana) and in Longview, Texas. They have several more locations that I haven’t tried yet.

Love’s in Whiteland, Indiana (I-65 south of Indy) has a really good little Indian food trailer near the pumps.

D.Tibbitt Thanks this.
  8. kwswan

kwswan Road Train Member

Jul 26, 2009
    mcminnville,tn.
    Hood's truck stop on I 44 in SW Mo. is a good place to stop & eat at. Also a little further west,I don't remember the exit,it's been awhile,but the Hungry House was always a good place to stop at. It's not a truckstop but they have truck parking.

D.Tibbitt Thanks this.
  9. GL1800

GL1800 Light Load Member

May 20, 2016
    Indian restaurant I-70 Exit 127 I believe Cambridge City, Indiana.
    Petro, I-94 Exit 348 Dolly Down restaurant, great place, ribeye dinner to die for & a bar to enjoy a drink with your dinner. Petro owned by Donny Schatz’s family who drives a sprint car on the World of Outlaws sprint car series tour, car owner: Tony Stewart

10. GL1800

GL1800 Light Load Member

May 20, 2016
    Also the Schatz family owns their own family truck stop called Schatz’s Crossroads in Minot, North Dakota which has excellent food !

Vampire Thanks this.
  11. Flat Earth Trucker

Flat Earth Trucker Road Train Member

Nov 19, 2018
    I've driven by that place I don't know how many times, but I don't stop because the building looks to be in such poor shape.
    And the building next to the restaurant has probably been condemned or needs to be. Perhaps those world famous cinnamon rolls are holding the place up.

Vampire Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.