truck terminals in LA for new drivers

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by BigpopperRunner, Jun 19, 2019.

1. BigpopperRunner

BigpopperRunner Light Load Member

Jan 10, 2019
    Thanks for the advice sir!

Chinatown Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. CK73

CK73 Medium Load Member

Dec 19, 2017
    6 months is the new year in trucking. Also don't let me discourage you from looking for a local job right off the bat. Not all local food bev jobs are 14 hours but that is the general business model.. Which is why they are always hiring IMO.. Also, local work early career may disqualify you from lucrative tanker and LTL regional work down the road as local delivery work is not considered "real" truck driving for whatever reason. Look to larger carriers with contracts at walmart.. Target.. Etc.. Ie dedicated accounts if they are avaliable within 50 miles from your home. Most dedicated accounts like that get you home weekly for at least a 34 hour restart right out of the gate. Avoid dollar whatever accounts. Hope this helps. Been there and yeah I was an office guy you are makingva good choice getting out of a toxic work environment that turns men into sick unichs.

Lepton1 Thanks this.
  4. BigpopperRunner

Jan 10, 2019
    Best advice ever man, today I absolutely had it, I work in the medical field with surgeons and pain doctors and let me tel ya, CA has the most corrupted health care system. The pain doctor I worked for cussed me out because he was “missing” thousands of dollars from doing ketamine infusion, however, he didn’t look at the visit dates and time frame he only looked at the money aspect. I charge every single patient after they leave the office and he doesn’t realize that at times I charge a few sessions in advanced so that’s the #### reason why some money is missing because he didn’t think I charged them for that particular day and they leave that day “unpaid.” I work at a corrupted medical office, where it’s always about money, where doctors are charging for un necessary services and front desk receptionist doesn’t even verify insurance before patients attend and they end up with a huge ### bill. I was originally going to go into nursing but man that crap is the same too lol that’s why I just want to mind my own business, truck drive and enjoy my time on the road and deal with another stress; DOT high way patrols, angry drivers, shippers, receivers, and bad weather conditions, truck stops, you name it. I rather deal with that then get yelled at by my boss, doctors, medical assistants, and patients!
    Man that felt good to vent! Sorry for the long post haha

Chinatown and Lepton1 Thank this.
  5. Lepton1

Lepton1 Road Train Member

Nov 23, 2012
    Yukon, OK
    It sounds like working in health care is...

...unhealthy.

Chinatown Thanks this.
  6. BigpopperRunner

Jan 10, 2019
    Very unhealthy my friend, especially when you have to apologize for things that you didn’t do lol and have to suck it up when getting yelled at!

Lepton1 Thanks this.
  7. 389Trucker

389Trucker Light Load Member

Mar 12, 2015
    Since we are on the topic of newbies in the Socal area, does anyone know if any bulk transports hire rookies? TIA

8. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Lepton1 Thanks this.
  9. k008

k008 Bobtail Member

Jun 1, 2019
    Thanks for the info. I'm attending trucking school next month and I'm in SoCal too. Will bookmark this for reference when I get my CDL.

Lepton1 Thanks this.
  10. 389Trucker

389Trucker Light Load Member

Mar 12, 2015
    Anyone happen to know what type of equipment a/r logistics use?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.