Trucker At Large After Running Over Motorcyclist

Discussion in 'Trucking Accidents' started by mjd4277, Feb 20, 2024.

1. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

2. Arctic_fox

Arctic_fox Experienced mx13 execrator

Sep 16, 2016
    That driver deserves attempted murder at a minimum. The photo makes it more or less look like the driver did it intentionally. The fact he ran confirms it. That said #### like this is why i never got a motorcycle even if ive always wanted one.

Reminds me of a kid i knew of from our church. His parents got him a motorcycle for his 18th birthday as a graduation gift. He got hit and killed by a box truck making an illegal turn the very first time he rode it on the road. Moron in the box truck turned out infront of him caused the bike to crash into the side and launched him into the roadway before his head was run over by a passing pickup that didnt have time to react. Motorcycles are death traps.

3. AModelCat

AModelCat Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    I started riding last summer and honestly the biggest ###holes I've encountered while riding so far have been truckers.

4. drvrtech77

drvrtech77 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    Scumbag.. needs the book thrown at him…to the max

5. Concorde

Concorde Road Train Member

Jun 29, 2016
    West Melbourne Florida
  6. Concorde

Concorde Road Train Member

Jun 29, 2016
    West Melbourne Florida
    I don’t ride but truckers are the biggest D-bags I deal with driving truck. Four wheelers and bikes are a pain but they’re very predictable.

7. pavrom

pavrom Road Train Member

Apr 29, 2012
    NE illinois
    many times it is dangerous to drive in a 4 wheeler let alone bike ...I had a friend of 35 years old killed at 2am because when he stopped at red-light- drunk driver in a carry didn't see him or stop light and hit him at 70-80mph from the back .. just ran over without even feeling it

8. bryan21384

bryan21384 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    Oh my goodness. I just got frozen with shock for so many reasons. First off, that lady has angels on her side. The grim reaper missed there, thank goodness. Second, why would the trucker not stop? I'm guessing he panicked....I'm hoping he panicked as opposed to not caring. I'm hoping he didn't realize he ran over her. He could have reduced a lot of issues had he just stopped. Instead he compounded them.

9. AModelCat

AModelCat Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    Riding a bike really makes you think about defensive driving. My bike is quiet and I ride like I'm invisible. Doesn't matter if you're right or wrong, you're the smallest object and you'll lose every pissing match on the road. Better to just let it ride and keep your cool.

10. RockinChair

RockinChair Road Train Member

Feb 19, 2012
    CC, TX
    When riding, I've put up with a lot more dangerous driving (mostly inattentiveness) from four-wheelers than I ever have from trucks or buses. The only exception to that is when I have ridden in Houston.

Flat Earth Trucker Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.