"Trucker Bombs" are becoming a big problem in California (and other states)

Discussion in 'Other News' started by Frank Burns, Oct 8, 2019.

1. Midnightrider909

Midnightrider909 Road Train Member

Oct 26, 2016
    Minimum wage alone is reason enough not to work there.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Midnightrider909

Oct 26, 2016
    A lot of cities all over the country offer free bus tickets to get rid of the homeless. It’s not a California phenomenon

quatto Thanks this.
  4. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    Don't hate me cause I'm beautiful.

D.Tibbitt, autopaint, dwells40 and 4 others Thank this.
  5. Midnightrider909

Oct 26, 2016
    I’ve seen you in person and was not awestruck by your beauty. I really don’t get why you hate California. There are a lot of truckstops with a lot of good food options and I never have a hard time finding a spot unlike in many other areas of the country. The weather is usually really nice and I get to see tons of palm trees which warm my soul. The only problem I see with California is the 55 mile an hour speed limit and the rates aren’t as high as they should be. Hopefully with the enforcement of truck emissions they will get a lot of the old iron out of there and rates will rise. I personally do not care about all the human waste on the streets of San Francisco since I never go there. That’s a city problem and does not concern me. The worst that has happened to me in California is having to witness a morbidly obese truck driver puke copious quantities of white vomit next to my truck.

dwells40 Thanks this.
  6. Dave_in_AZ

May 4, 2015
    That is just so mean. What a terrible thing to say.

No one is more trash conscious than I am when going through the communist state.

I double, even triple bag everything in plastic before putting it into another container lined with heavy plastic.

I save my garbage for 2 days when I know I'm going there.

I especially make sure the bio degradable items, like apple cores, orange peels, etc., are thoroughly wrapped.

7. Midnightrider909

Oct 26, 2016
    Is Casper even new enough to go there legally? It looks pretty long in the tooth.

dwells40 Thanks this.
  8. quatto

quatto Medium Load Member

Mar 9, 2013
    The Bluest State
    Lol! That reminds me....Im nobody. Nobody is perfect so.....Im perfect!

9. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    I understand you perfectly. You did a wonderful job with the reply. Yes I put alot of thought into it however I may have done a little bit of damage.

The internet does not express emotion unless I typed it such as... /satire, /teasing or even /Lunch counter etc from time to time. It is generally understood.

The treating of that group of homeless with contemptable is brought on by the idea that they are stealing valuable food products in the hundreds of dollars from the freezer requiring a strong police response to take all of them away, almost a dozen.

The Owner making a workaround by failing to sell that kind of easily consumable food is a permanent decision to prevent anymore theft by Homeless in the future unless they own a can opener and build a fire somewhere. Pretty hard to hide a 2.50 can of soup. And yes they would be arrested and then trespassed.

The Contemptable overrides any compassion I have for their hunger for food when they steal outright. Over and over and over. Might as well lock up the place, turn off the lights and go home. Boss will reopen it after the rush hour around 8 am. Ultimately the Bossman was driven out of business entirely by losses. Constantly losses munching on his profit daily which isnt that much. Leaving about 16 people out of work. (I was long gone in trucking around and out of Arkansas by then.)

Because they are arrested both for trespassing and also for stealing they have to face Justice. DO I have to take time off from my minimum wage job to sit half a day or even a whole day in Criminal court? Thankfully no. Video is present, sound is present and the lawyer takes care of all that prosecuting stuff. I did not have to testify. The cameras caught it all. Including the actual stealing from two pair that was looking at the sandwitches. While their eyes are examining my head to see me concentrating on counting money or something and not notice the theft. However I know they stole. Usually the product count is a certain number and a certain number of sandwitches get sold legally. And when some are stolen there is always damage in form of food falling out of them, torn wrappers etc.

Now... let's take a moment for my other side of a coin related to Homeless.

I have in my early years without fail kept a small number of Menthols or Regular smokes according to which version preferred by certain homeless when they ask for a smoke. It's the nicest way I can type that. And there is usually a couple of benson and hedges or some other paper smokes for the women. Or kools etc Not very many.

In addition to those extra smokes, Ive carried a small number of dollar bills. By the time the homeless or even three or four in NYC or up in Boston or some such place around the NE or east coast they feel taken care of by me for a while. (Maybe a hour or two at most) what they really want is for me to hire them to work in the trailer unloading. Once in a great while I have hired people at 60 dollars to work back there. My favorite people to hire is actually felons who have been released to live on their own. They need the money more than the homeless do and will provide a quality work. If I needed to walk somewhere down the street the Felon is a protective service to me. and they get a little something extra for it.

For years I have given. I finally reached a point by the time of 1998 or so a total burn out of compassion or giving. Enough is quite enough for that. Its the same old homeless who are actually aging in front of me when I have money and smokes for them at 24, again at 31 and again at 40... the same #### people. Never changes. Not to pick on the working in my trailer people. Those come and go. Its the street people who do not ever seem to better themselves.

Maybe the city, county or state or even HUD gives them a housing, food in some way, medical care, aides, trips to the doctor, medicines and so on. give give give give give give. 10,000? 30,000? more? Thats you, you and you in the back all of that out of our generous pockets as society.

And when I get down to the Border, Nogales? Laredo? Eagle Pass? I see parasites coming through illegally.

America is built on immigrants. Including my own family line after some were destroyed by Wales under Edward 1 and others were laid waste by Napoleon 2 in Kurfust which itself was also destroyed pernamently in 1933. Many came to America. Usually because wars have left them with nothing but burnt lands and no way to live. They would starve without America. SO they become American Citizens legally. And relatively quickly become citizens.

But I side track myself here. Back to Homeless.

I avoid politics with our present administration. They have been coming through the border all my life if not earlier than that. So I leave it there.

Regarding Mental Health.

It is my understanding with some very narrow exceptions using Maryland as a example, there are hardly any places formally institutionalized as mental health care for a long term. You have your jails that now serve as mental health such as it is.

If you were with my spouse 8 years ago when Mental Health in Fort Roots in North Little Rock changed FAST to evolve into finding out which vet has access to guns. has access to drugs. has access to etc etc etc. There was a construction done inside that hospital wing. Only to learn later that a dorm for 150 vets are built internally. Behind three layers of secured access doors. These 150 are not compliant. Not willing, they are prisoners for lack of a better word. Not allowed to communicate with outside world. Cells are confisicated etc. They get to be isolated completely from all Little Rock and all of the world for about 190 days on average.

My spouse told me that if I ever disappear, check there first. And ask this group of particular vets in a special smoking area (Since abolished to new VA wide no smoking on property ever.) to seek her out by name and get back to me with information.

She has since removed herself from any VA help of that kind. She goes to a private doctor for that now. Which includes sleep medicines or other relatively minor medicines. But refuses and is afraid of the jail within a jail inside the VA mental health designed to hold those unable to take care of themselves long term. That will completely and utterly make her homeless. I might pay her rent for a while to protect her apartment but everything else will be history.

Homeless? Mental Health? Medicines? Let's see, there is the Baker Act by the Lawman in our area. Its very common to spot a homeless. Either living in a car parked in a shopping center, walmart or some public area where they hope they wont be harrassed or kicked out or worse taken downtown to the police station. And maybe bakered to the hospital for 72 hours to start. Once the Hospital starts recieving 900 dollars a day to take care of a Baker Act patient they will jiggle the system to hold him or her just short of 10 days. Maybe 9 days and 14 hours because if they held someone 10 days they have to go before a judge locally and justify it. Otherwise release them. They made their 9000 dollars easy peasy for housing someone 9 days and some hours. Times however many patients are being bakered.

Where I am there is very little homeless. We are a compassionate people. I have chopped trees, seasoned the logs so that for 8 total winters I have managed to provide enough wood to keep one or two families warm by wood stove with children and cooking plus boiling water and heating their home on just that wood stove all winter in these hills. I feel blessed I had enough trees and the skills to chop em up after dropping the 80 foot trees with a big saw and make them warm over a winter.

I get nothing. My hands were open with that wood each year. And I feel better knowing they can cook, heat and otherwise send the kids to school so that the DHS does not take them away into Foster Care possibly until they age out at 18 years old.

End of part one

10. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    PArt two

There are some within the State Programs who are ... kept. I use that word as it's intended.

In Jacksonville Arkansas we have a mental health and Retardation facility (Not a bad word, it is strictly a clinical term for those who have that unfortunate limitation in life...) and require caregivers 24/7 sometimes at state expense for life. Natural life.

They were on the news broadcast one night about 12 years ago give or take. The 18 year old minimum wage driver sat in his old tradesman van capable of holding say 15 people. Some of whom are crawling on their elbows to get to the steps of the double doors on the side. The reason I say elbows is because they have no legs at all. Not even fake ones. they are left to writhe and struggle in the sharp gravel to get themselves into the van for appointments they don't even want to go to knowing the medicines they will be given in some cases will steal the day and the sunshine right out of them later. But the retardation is so bad they cannot communicate effectively these higher level feelings and fears and problems. So they are batched together, driven somewhere and medicated, then driven back and told out. Some fall a few feet to the gravel again before crawling to the building's wheelchairs.

That sort of mistreatment enrages me. I have gone to school at Columbia Campus in maryland off 100 and 29 as the crow flies. You will discover a wing seperate from the 64 of us normal kids that held approximately 230 children severely handicapped, sometimes both physically and mentally to the point that they are taught strict rules like boys never touch girls. And staffers circulate at certain times of the day when girls and boys must be together for lunch. So that there is no touching or socializing going on.

And so they are kept that way until they age out and are transferred to adult day care of some sort or institutionalized in one of Marylands long term warehousing complexes designed to isolate them from dealing with such problems as living in our own society freely because they cannot.

STealing homeless to those who do not live freely because they cannot.

No wonder I am damaged in some way. Particularly compassion fatigue. If someone needs some kind of help? I'll take them to the shelter, church or pantry and there will be people to help them. It would be best they get the help and go away to live their own life. I dont want to see them month in month out constantly needing help with a hand out. Thats not resolving problems here.

The reason I said that is because our church feeds about 1600 each month with a one day food give away. Has done this for approximately 14 years now.

About 1300 of those people are having children then who became adults graduating from school and get babies. next thing they know they cannot afford food and so stand in line with a second generation to get food and supplies for the babies who will probably stand in line 17 years from now as our economy rusts quietly. Makes sense?

D.Tibbitt, dwells40 and Dave_in_AZ Thank this.
  11. Dave_in_AZ

May 4, 2015
    Oh yea. He's a DEF truck. 655K miles.

The other trucks are 16's.

Truck 4 will probably be a 17'.

dwells40 and x1Heavy Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.