Trucker charged in triple-fatality crash

Discussion in 'Truckers News' started by bear10128, Jul 12, 2007.

1. bear10128

bear10128 Bobtail Member

HOLLAND -- An Indiana truck driver could spend up to two years in prison for causing a crash that killed a father and two of his children, according to authorities.
    if he's convicted of negligent homicide in the January crash that killed a father and two of his children.
    Anthony Reyelts, 30, appeared Thursday morning in a Holland courtroom where he was arraigned on three counts of negligent homicide. He could face up to two years in prison and a $2,000 fine if he is convicted.
    Investigators say Reyelts drove his semi truck out in front of a minivan as he left the Tulip City Truck Stop on M-40 near I-196 in Fillmore Township in January.
    The driver of the van, Curtis Boeve, and two of his children - Zach and Emma - died in the collision. Boeve's two other children - Jordan and Spencer - survived.
    The Allegan County prosecutor said negligent homicide charges seemed appropriate because he says Reyelts was careless, but not grossly derelict to warrant the charge of manslaughter. The prosecutor adds Reyelts should not have tried to pull his rig out onto M-40 at that time as there was no way Boeve could have stopped his vehicle.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Pur48Ted

Pur48Ted Road Train Member

Jun 14, 2006
    Grand Rapids, MI

This guy drove for Equity Transportation out of Walker Michigan. They will hire ANYBODY.
    They hired ME in 1992 with no experience since 1980. All I had to do is pass the road test. It is REALLY hard to get fired by them too. Just have multiple accidents or get your license suspended for tickets.

4. Wanderer1

Wanderer1 Light Load Member

Sep 3, 2008
    Ask your daughter
    Hmmm , just heard about this today while I was at tulip city ts, so I had to look it up.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.