Trucker Dispatcher Job Roles

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by farmerjohn64, Jul 1, 2020.

1. Espressolane

Espressolane Road Train Member

Nov 21, 2009
    Just south of the north 40
    Just a guess here, your truck is programmed with California emissions settings. It is set to shut down after 5 to 7 minutes.

farmerjohn64 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Qbf594

Qbf594 Road Train Member

Aug 15, 2019
    Southern Canadian annex, NY
    So how'd it turn out? A main rule at Western is never going to Nashville. Ever. Unless it's 100% unavailable. I don't know if reprogramming the temps is something that can be done elsewhere but if it is....go there before you go to the terminal.

4. farmerjohn64

farmerjohn64 Road Train Member

Jun 25, 2019
    It didn’t work out; I’ve called everyone I could think of to explain my situation and nobody has gotten back with me; I’ve got a load I’m picking up Monday and it’s going to Colorado so I’m probably gonna do that because I can’t afford to get fired

5. Qbf594

Qbf594 Road Train Member

Aug 15, 2019
    Also another thought.
    Hierarchy isn't really how I think about my DM. I call him boss but I've been a boss before and so I understand what a boss really is. It's the person who gets to offload tasks...but never gets to offload Responsibility. It's the bosses job to get #### done regardless of circumstances.
    My boss, my dude lol, us kinda new at this. But he's nice to me and 99% picks up the phone when I call.
    When my current dude took over for my last dude it was because my last dude moved up to a team lead position. So I know personally my boss and my bosses boss.
    When that transition happened I was aware in advance. The day it happened I actually sent them pizza and wings. As a congrats to Mark for the promotion and as a welcome to Rob. It cost me 50$. I believe it was well spent.
    When I was in charge of construction bids the guys would sometimes send me flowers if they got the bid. It's not an uncommon thing in some industries to express your appreciation and willingness to be cooperative.

6. farmerjohn64

Jun 25, 2019
    Is breakdown open today? If so I’ll try filling out another one of those reports and go from there

7. Qbf594

Qbf594 Road Train Member

Aug 15, 2019
    Have you brought your truck in to a Love's? Hey guys my AC temp is set wrong. Can you set that?
    See what they say.
    Your DM doesn't want to deal with getting you in and more importantly OUT of Nashville. But he's probably pretty stupid about what your options are...

8. farmerjohn64

Jun 25, 2019
    I wasn’t aware that was even an option, the guy told me to simply bring it in to Nashville and that my dispatcher should route me there within 2 days; it’s blatantly obvious my dispatcher couldn’t care any less about my AC not working, only getting loads from point A to point B

9. farmerjohn64

Jun 25, 2019
    That’s pretty much what it does

10. Qbf594

Qbf594 Road Train Member

Aug 15, 2019
    Yes. He makes his $ as a percentage of your miles. He has no idea what you do or how it is to be in your truck. Just like you have no idea what kind of douchewads he has to deal with or grovel to to get his job done. Unfortunately his actions impact your life more than the other way around

11. Qbf594

Qbf594 Road Train Member

Aug 15, 2019
    How far away are you from the closest international dealer?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.