Trucker Facing Charges For Driving Into Protesters

Discussion in 'Other News' started by mjd4277, Oct 23, 2020.

1. Tb0n3

Tb0n3 Road Train Member

Oct 5, 2012
    Earth
    Cool story, bro.

LameMule Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. LameMule

LameMule Road Train Member

Jan 19, 2020
    Montana
    Thanks?

4. Tb0n3

Tb0n3 Road Train Member

Oct 5, 2012
    Earth
    The new cycle is always making things seem bigger and scarier than they are. None but a handful of us will ever be in this kind of situation, and bravado on an online forum won't save you if your the one there. Best course of action is to avoid possible trouble by paying attention to your surroundings.

JoeTruck, gentleroger and daf105paccar Thank this.
  5. LameMule

Jan 19, 2020
    Montana
    You're correct about paying attention to your surroundings. Does that mean that you plan to stop and put your hands up giving in to a mob if confronted?
    I for one will not give in to a mob that shouldn't even be allowed to illegally block traffic in the first place. It's not bravado to protect your life, its instinct.

6. bryan21384

bryan21384 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    You beat me to it. You either press the throttle or you don't. To be fair though, he is only indicted. Doesn't mean he won't get acquitted. They are just doing a more thorough look at things. Everyone is saying should could woulda, but i think I agree with one member. It's hard to think rationally in a time of panic.

650cat425 and ZVar Thank this.
  7. T.Rucker

T.Rucker Medium Load Member

Jul 31, 2015
    Here and there…
    Just an FYI...some companies are firing drivers for talking about driving through the crowds. A certain mega private fleet has fired a couple of drivers that I know about for saying how they wouldn’t stop. Just conversation with other drivers, but overheard by management and subsequently let go.

I personally don’t know what I would do in those situations. First course of action is to try to avoid being in such a situation but if that is unavoidable, I pray God gives me the wisdom to know how to react...

Trucker61016 and D.Tibbitt Thank this.
  8. Cowboyrich

Cowboyrich Road Train Member

Dec 11, 2017
    Dayton, Washington
    Skinny peddle is on the right, I would have kept moving (I read the story and watched 3times) if they are stupid enough to think that standing in the road is going to stop a big truck......stop using my oxygen.

9. LameMule

Jan 19, 2020
    Montana
    I'll stop for wildlife if doing so doesn't pose a threat to myself or other vehicles on the road. A deer isn't likely to climb up my steps and break out my windows.
    Do you know what the Marines policy was while convoys traveled through Iraq and Afghanistan? Do not stop under any circumstances, people would throw themselves in front of hummers to no avail. Eventually people learned that there's no reward for a lemming.

10. Tb0n3

Tb0n3 Road Train Member

Oct 5, 2012
    Earth
    No matter how much the media says it, the US is not a warzone.

gentleroger, daf105paccar and 86scotty Thank this.
  11. LameMule

Jan 19, 2020
    Montana
    Tell yourself that when they're standing on your hood kicking in your windshield.

Look up After Action Report on YouTube. They're live feeding the riots nightly from various sources all over the country. You can look at their channel before driving through Portland to make sure the freeway is clear of scumbags. You can see them trying to burn down buildings and attack innocent civilians. You can see why some of us aren't willing to stop for the mob.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.