Trucker Facing Charges For Driving Into Protesters

Discussion in 'Other News' started by mjd4277, Oct 23, 2020.

1. Cowboyrich

Cowboyrich Road Train Member

Dec 11, 2017
    Dayton, Washington
    Seattle, Vancouver (wa) Portland San Francisco? Been to town lately?

War zone against another country no, but it is taking lives, personal property in those areas. Try that at my home WELCOME TO THE WAR ZONE.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    did anyone bother to read this important part of the story?

so who is to really be blamed here?

who was SUPPOSED to block off that highway?

and why should ANY highway be blocked for a protest?

i think it will be BS charges.

he (and the others that got on that highway) had an assumption, the road would not have any law breaking protesters out there.

Infosaur, bzinger, drvrtech77 and 8 others Thank this.
  4. LameMule

LameMule Road Train Member

Jan 19, 2020
    Montana
    He was doing his job following the law driving on a highway that the truck pays to maintain. If there isn't, there should be a GoFundMe for his legal defense and a fund to hire an attorney to go after BLM, Antifa or whatever group is responsible for the threat to his well being.

5. Tb0n3

Tb0n3 Road Train Member

Oct 5, 2012
    Earth
    I had to avoid converter dolly landing gear standing straight up in the middle of the road on the highway. It wasn't supposed to he there, but it would #### well be my fault if I hit it.

gentleroger and daf105paccar Thank this.
  6. LameMule

Jan 19, 2020
    Montana
    I don't suppose that landing gear was deliberately and maliciously running out in front of you was it?
    It's like the difference between rear ending a parked car or hitting a car that cuts you off and brake checks you.

7. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    Very good analogy. In this case the protesters were the parked car. They did not go up to the truck, the truck was the one that was moving while the crowd was the 'parked car' in your analogy.

Should the crowd have been there? No, but they were. Just by being there doesn't give the trucker the right to plow through them like he tried to do though.

daf105paccar and Tb0n3 Thank this.
  8. Cowboyrich

Cowboyrich Road Train Member

Dec 11, 2017
    Dayton, Washington
    So their legs suddenly don’t work?

9. LameMule

Jan 19, 2020
    Montana
    The issue is that he's a sitting duck if he stops. The truck is viewed as being full of merchandise or representing big business. They're intentionally blocking traffic, not out of gas and stalled. They'll break your windows and steal your load just like it's Walgreens or Target. The driver would be lucky to survive.
    There's a reason we teach our children to look both ways before crossing. These rioters need a lesson in natural selection, stand in traffic while threatening the public and get ran over if you aren't smart enough to get out of the way.

10. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    There is a huge difference in rioters and protesters. This was a planned protest, not a riot.

Well, not until the truck driver assaulted them anyway. Even then it wasn't a riot as much as a few protesters taking down someone assaulting them.

The driver didn't even try to get out of there. He could have stopped several hundred yards before the protesters and called the cops to see what to do. Now if he stopped and they went to him, sure all bets are off. The driver didn't even try though.

gentleroger, daf105paccar and Tb0n3 Thank this.
  11. mjd4277

mjd4277 Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2015
    Fitchburg,MA
    Took the words right out of my mouth. If the road was scheduled to be barricaded, why wasn’t it? Seems like the State of Minnesota (MN DOT in particular)is irking their responsibilities.

D.Tibbitt, bzinger, drvrtech77 and 3 others Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.