Trucker on Facebook at time of deadly Arizona crash, records show

Discussion in 'Trucking Accidents' started by fuzzeymateo, Oct 31, 2013.

1. dog-c

dog-c Road Train Member

May 30, 2011
    New York, NY
    Would be good to have dieselbears opinion on this

KW Cajun Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. KW Cajun

KW Cajun Road Train Member

Apr 12, 2013
    Copperhead Road
    All it would take is a PM. I'd also like to hear his take on issues in this thread.

4. HalpinUout

HalpinUout Road Train Member

Oct 2, 2011
    Why all the negative comments on the driver... No one posting here has ever checked their phone or looked at the QUALCOMM while driving? Its takes a split second for anything to happen... Im sure the driver has a family and kids... To bad for them its a total loss for both family's... That stretch of interstate is boring I can imagine getting distracted... Lets not forget the media is notorious for publishing incorrect information in reports... Do they really know what sites if any he was looking at on his phone? Here say at its best....

5. joseph1135

joseph1135 Papa Murphy

Nov 8, 2009
    The Highway To Hell.
    We have video of him and his phone. You also see it fly out of his hand in the accident, and they went through the phone records. That's a whole lot of incriminating evidence right there. Not to mention he didn't slow down or try to stop at all. He slammed into that police cruiser at 66 mph.

fuzzeymateo Thanks this.
  6. HalpinUout

Oct 2, 2011
    How does the media get personal phone records? I seen the video and all that evidence driver...I seen it... I see it...I C it...

7. joseph1135

joseph1135 Papa Murphy

Nov 8, 2009
    The Highway To Hell.
    The police department released the info.

8. HalpinUout

Oct 2, 2011
    Besides that... The state ( Police ) and state DA paint a good picture... Have you ever been in felony court ver state? If so you should know...They paint pictures its there jobs....

9. Semi Crazy

Semi Crazy Road Train Member

May 13, 2011
    Middle Tennessee
    The right lane was totally clear - except for the blocking patrol car. The trucker would have cruised by inches away and have been subject to a ticket for not moving over if there was no patrol car there. My point being no one would have been killed.

IMHO it is bad policy to block a traffic lane like that. He should have at least parked the road block farther away from the scene to prevent any collision with emergency responders if the car did get hit.
    Sometimes LEO get a big head and think they rule the road, as in - you'll be in big trouble if you hit my car - well yes, the driver is now is heap big trouble but one LEO is gone. LEOs know all too well how many motorists are out here "flying blind" but just managing to keep it between the lines. They should know better than to block the road so near the scene considering the posted speed limit.

There's two "IFs" that would have prevented this. The biggest one being if the trucker had been paying attention to driving, and the second being if the roadblock had not been there.

Could add a third - if the original four wheeler had not fungled up there would have been no scene.

I just don't see how some of y'all can't even put 1% blame on the bad policy of blocking an open lane and/or blocking it too close to the scene responders.

razor1983 and Derailed Thank this.
  10. KW Cajun

KW Cajun Road Train Member

Apr 12, 2013
    Copperhead Road
    The only picture "painted" that applies here is the 12 second "picture" from the video.
    If you have beefs about some past federal or state court, or past LE gripes, it doesn't apply to this tragedy.

joseph1135 Thanks this.
  11. joseph1135

joseph1135 Papa Murphy

Nov 8, 2009
    The Highway To Hell.
    no, because I haven't ever had a felony. Besides, does it really matter what he was looking at? Because he was playing with his phone. And did not even try to brake.

DoneYourWay Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.