Trucker on Facebook at time of deadly Arizona crash, records show

Discussion in 'Trucking Accidents' started by fuzzeymateo, Oct 31, 2013.

1. Oscar the KW

Oscar the KW Going Tarpless

May 19, 2011
    But if we do that then we won't know the verdict that the jury comes back with.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Victor_V

Victor_V Road Train Member

Dec 15, 2008
    Spencer, Indiana
    : 0) If yer talking about the TTR jury, it's always out, always deliberating and cutting a new nuance this way or that. Espinoza's jury will have long gone home and and we'll still be here...

...grinding away at it!

Too late now, anyway. So grind on!

4. DsquareD

DsquareD Road Train Member

May 21, 2009
    Green Bay, WI
    I hate thread closings. Unless things really get ugly and even then a warning from a moderator can be very helpful. Thread closings remind me of my X-father-in-law.

He would always try to end a controversial discussion by saying, "I just have one thing I want to say..." Meaning, when I get finished with my point the discussion is over and my last word trumps everyone else. One time I said, "Good! Because I have a lot more than one thing to say." He got pretty perturbed that day. :biggrin_25523:

5. Victor_V

Victor_V Road Train Member

Dec 15, 2008
    Spencer, Indiana
    I've had a couple threads where I was active as they closed. Does shock the system a bit. I think the mods have a pretty good feel for the TTR 'pulse'. Had it been closed when I asked, would have missed guntoter's interesting post. But at the time...

6. Captain Call

Captain Call Light Load Member

Sep 29, 2013
    Southern Pines, NC
    Originally Posted by Captain Call Any idea why trooper was parked in the right lane rather than the breakdown lane?

7. KW Cajun

KW Cajun Road Train Member

Apr 12, 2013
    Copperhead Road
    I think your best answer is in the same post (by you) after post #43 and before post #44.

Besides... the answer to this has already been explained, in detail, in many posts.

8. Pablo-UA

Pablo-UA Road Train Member

Oct 11, 2010
    Borispol, Ukraine
    really road trunsport is so dangerouse becouse there are more and more commercial vehicles on road and no good drivers. brother's friend is owner of small bus company. He says that he got no choise recruting drivers and he lets drive anyone who got valid CDL in da pocket. It is a big, very big problem of nowdays world

9. EZX1100

EZX1100 Road Train Member

Aug 18, 2012
  10. EZX1100

EZX1100 Road Train Member

Aug 18, 2012
    i agree

most of the "distractions" come from sheer boredom

this was out west, the man was probably thinking there was nothing in front of him and got caught up in whatever was on his phone

11. ‘Olhand

‘Olhand Cantankerous Crusty

Jan 18, 2011
    Wasn't there--so of course this is speculative---BUT--quite often when there is A LOT of work to do at scene--even if off the road--the first responders will block off one or more lane to allow--others to work further away from traffic---I just wish--more states would take the example of PA comes to mind---where in these situations PenDot--has the older heavy trucks equipped with the long collapsing rear crash guards and flashing arrows--in a bad situation like this they usually deploy at least 3 of them staggered starting on the shoulder--a long way back from scene--and the care bear is typically in the shoulder long before them to get drivers attention--not fail safe BUT---does help to keep everyone a little more insulated from traffic flow

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.