Trucker on Facebook at time of deadly Arizona crash, records show

Discussion in 'Trucking Accidents' started by fuzzeymateo, Oct 31, 2013.

1. Lepton1

Lepton1 Road Train Member

Nov 23, 2012
    Yukon, OK
    I believe the modern vernacular is "twerk on".... just sayin'....

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Sly Fox

Sly Fox Road Train Member

Oct 29, 2009

Safest way to do it. Also, once they're parked, get the drivers out of the trucks. Many times another trooper will be parked on the shoulder about a half mile or so behind that with the lights on so that you know something's up (and if you're following the rules, you get over for him already).

4. Cy Ran

Cy Ran Light Load Member

May 20, 2012
    So Cal
    IMO that company is at fault. My WAG is that was not his 1st time breaking company rules, but they where to lax to look at past recordings? We do not need drivers, trucking or insurance companies like that operating on the public highways. I hope his boss sees some jail time for allowing it to happen, and the insurance company is sued into history. Talk about 'preventable'

5. EZX1100

EZX1100 Road Train Member

Aug 18, 2012
    in nyc, elevators used to have cameras (i am sure some still do)

a woman got raped, and the building was sued BECAUSE the camera made the building liable for what happened in the elevator

6. razor1983

razor1983 Medium Load Member

Jan 17, 2011
    I know this has been discussed before..

This is tragic and would've been avoided if the "professional" driver was doing his job!! But I agree with windsmith, some miniscule blame still lays with the trooper parked in the traveling lane. Even if this is what they are trained and commanded to do in such a situation, common sense should prevail here. "Protecting the accident scene response" with a single police cruiser parked in a traveling lane? maybe against a toyota prius!...
    Tragic in any case and my condolences go out to families of everyone involved!!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.