Trucker Path GPS routing

Discussion in 'Trucking Electronics, Gadgets and Software Forum' started by gekko1323, Oct 5, 2021.

1. gekko1323

gekko1323 Road Train Member

Jul 14, 2018
    Henderson, NV
    Howdy boys. I'm getting back on the road after a 2-year hiatus. So I was wondering what the best routing app is these days. Is Trucker Path any good? I use to use Co-Pilot but that was a piece of ####. Has Co-Pilot improved? Are there any new players out there? I DO use a RM road atlas, but obviously that is not really that useful for the final leg to your destination.

Any advice is appreciated.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. nredfor88

nredfor88 Road Train Member

Sep 26, 2019
    USA
    I used Copilot on an iOS device for almost two years. It was excellent. At first it had a lot of mapping issues and I was going to stop using it, mid last year the updates fixed them all for me.

My iPad died recently and I started using a Garmin Dezl 800. It’s very good in all areas except for the speed limits it displays were pulled out of someone’s ###.

I tried Truckerpath GPS at one point and hated it. My primary issue with it was the horrible interface that seemed to be geared to non-professional use. It had good routing for the time I used it though.

I’ve been much happier with either Copilot or Garmin. There is a reason why Garmin sells the best. Don’t get me started on what kind piece is #### RM GPS is. I do use a RM Atlas though and wouldn’t be without it.

gekko1323 and Maverick Griff Thank this.
  4. Brandt

Brandt Road Train Member

Sep 17, 2012
    I use Co Pilot since company put it on company tablet. It has live traffic update and show traffic jams 60 miles in front of you. I think they still have free trial for Co Pilot with traffic info. They still have trouble with the actual steer address numbers being off. I just double check on Google Maps.

Garmin still seem to be the best from what I see on YouTube and hear. They have new models OTR 1000 and OTR 800. They look nice but I never used one. They are expensive.

gekko1323, Maverick Griff and Rocks Thank this.
  5. WesternPlains

WesternPlains Road Train Member

Sep 1, 2017
    One complaint the OP has. Trucker Path is proving really good in final destination.

gekko1323 and Maverick Griff Thank this.
  6. snowwy

snowwy Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2009
    I used copilot the entire 7 years i was otr.

California being the only problem child for the front door.

gekko1323 Thanks this.
  7. Ride along wife

Ride along wife Bobtail Member

Jan 14, 2022
    We use garmin and truckers path as a backup. Truckers path is great to find somewhere to park for the night also.

gekko1323 Thanks this.
  8. snowwy

snowwy Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2009
    And absolutely zero information pertaining to difference.

Features are going to be whatever the manufacturer adds. If it's not there. There's usually a free app for that.

I had zero issues with copilot. The atlas was hardly used for directions. Couldn't ask for a better GPS. For all other features. I had an app.

9. Taker11

Taker11 Bobtail Member

Nov 26, 2023
    Michigan
    I heard Garmin otr 1000 was good

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.