Trucker shot and killed after semis make contact on I-81

Discussion in 'Trucking Accidents' started by tinytim, May 21, 2022.

1. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    you see, i didn't even bother to delve deeper into this story, kudo's to you for doing so.

i'll have to sway my opinion then, that the aggressor (based on what you found to be his background) as the aggressor, and the other guy simply defended himself.

so as the cops would say, "a good shooting"

JoeyJunk Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    this happened just the other day, here in my state, a city away from me, and the video shows the guy and his license plate number. the cops got an arrest warrant out for him, of course, he is hiding like a little girl now.

now in this instance, we already know who the aggressor IS, and if anyone had a gun, (the lady in the car did not) i think she would have been justified in shooting his dumbarse

‘Like a Ninja Turtle’: Woman claims man came at her with sword during road rage incident | WPRI.com

JoeyJunk Thanks this.
  4. Shackdaddy

Shackdaddy Medium Load Member

Aug 5, 2021
    Any mention of what company these drivers worked for or if either was an OO.

Too much missing info to make many judgments here.

JoeyJunk Thanks this.
  5. Arctic_fox

Arctic_fox Experienced mx13 execrator

Sep 16, 2016
    Depends on the news site but ive seen 13 diffrent companys so far if you count O/O lol.

JoeyJunk Thanks this.
  6. D.Tibbitt

D.Tibbitt Road Train Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Gettin' down westbound
    I will agree with you we dont know if it was self defense or not. But there should not be guns involved in this situation in the first place. If you feel the need to kill someone because of a road rage argument. You shouldnt own a gun.

Grumppy, mjd4277, Grouch and 2 others Thank this.
  7. Arctic_fox

Sep 16, 2016
    I trust the media be it fox, cnn or indy about as far as i can pick up and throw my truck when its fully loaded. I ALWAYS fact check ANYTHING one of those talking heads sprew as the truth. Hell i dont even trust them to tell me the weather anymore. And in about 95% of cases they are lieing through their teeth to spin a story with just a couple of facts.

8. Arctic_fox

Sep 16, 2016
    Oh i agree entirely. But sadly many people like to push an issue far past the bounds of what is reasonable for a situation and leave the gun owner zero choice. There are cases where its shoot the guy or die/get beaten near to death. Some people just cant be talked down and some even when the gun comes out to try and ward off an attacker they just keep going and leave you less options.

Ive been lucky ive only had to pull my gun once. And that was because someone and his 3 buddys tried to rob me at knife point in good ol detroit while i was getting fuel in the early AM. And ive still managed to avoid shooting someone thankfully. Ive been shot id prefer not to do it to someone else.

Honestly i wish we could go back to just throwing fisticuffs then go have a beer to settle issues. But things are getting worse and worse by the day not better. And people are being taught rather negitive things from a very young age.

9. tinytim

tinytim Road Train Member

Oct 29, 2007
    Northern Ontario
    All I can find is this screen grab from a video report. Hard to read the bottom part on the one but I think it's "EAGLE TRANSGROUP". Guessing the JB HUNT was the other involved and not just a witness. Clipboard01.jpg

Kingsport police investigating shooting on Interstate 81 exit ramp | WCYB

Edit, found another with a shot of the truck pulling the HUNT wagon.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 21, 2022
    D.Tibbitt, mjd4277 and Shackdaddy Thank this.
  10. aussiejosh

aussiejosh Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2009
    Airlie Beach QLd
    Incidents like these are what keep defense attorneys from being out of a job and quite rich. Unless the other driver could prove the one shot also had a weapon, having prior convictions for the one shot does not give the shooter the right to pull a trigger, and also the one with the gun would not have known his criminal history anyway. My question is why did they park up and start arguing? Would hate to play judge or jury in this case.

Grouch Thanks this.
  11. Grouch

Grouch Road Train Member

Feb 3, 2009
    Between here and eternity
    If the dead person was the "aggressor", the other party still will be facing some serious legal battles, even if this be the case. Once a person is involved in a legal battle such as this, lawyers are involved and guess who is going to pay the lawyers. So, even if the "shooter" is cleared of criminal charges, there are civil suits coming from the dead man's family. It would been much, much better had the "shooter" just turned his back, walked away, got back in his truck, locked the doors, called 911.

mjd4277 and Hammer166 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.