Trucker shot and killed after semis make contact on I-81

Discussion in 'Trucking Accidents' started by tinytim, May 21, 2022.

1. cuzzin it

cuzzin it Road Train Member

Jan 19, 2008
    Berea, KY
    Screenshot_20220519-182047_DuckDuckGo.jpg

Last edited: May 22, 2022
    D.Tibbitt Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Grumppy

Grumppy Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Dec 11, 2010
    West Monroe, La
    So far, @Arctic_fox & @D.Tibbitt are the only ones that I see that I agree with.

There is no statement of who was the aggressor here. So, 2 trucks bumped together, an argument ensued & someone got shot. That isnt even remotely enough info to go on. I do know that the story said that the shooter is co-operating with the authorities. Nowhere ... Nowhere in the story does it say anyone has been arrested or been taken into custody or being held for questioning etc, etc. That alone, on the face makes me believe that the shooter was justified. Again, we dont know even remotely enough to start calling blame.

For all we know.. 2 trucks bumped together, the drivers pulled to the shoulder, the shooter was still sitting in his truck changing log status because of an accident... maybe even getting his accident pack to get info & take pictures.
    For all we know the other driver grabbed a knife & a gun & ran to the shooters truck, jumped up on his driver door step with a gun in one hand & a knife in the other swinging at him through the window.
    I dont know about you, but if that would happen to me, he'd be shot AT.. probably hit.
    Maryland, NY, Cal, TX or Fla. I dont care where it is.
    I may not hit him, but he is gonna know he got my attention.

Sirscrapntruckalot and D.Tibbitt Thank this.
  4. silverspur

silverspur Road Train Member

Sep 26, 2012
    If you got into an accident, would you be willing to let the other party snap a picture of your driver's license?

5. Val_Caldera

Val_Caldera Road Train Member

Apr 2, 2021
    TARHEEL
    NO!!
    State and/or City Police, County Sheriff, But NO DRIVER Would Have Such Action No Matter The whinging (New Zealand for Whining), Stamping Feet, Threats as well From The Other Driver!!

Today Like @ CDLLIFE.com:
    Truck driver fatally shot by another truck driver on Tennessee interstate following crash, police say
    The investigation into the fatal shooting is ongoing. KPD says that they will consult with the Office of the Second Judicial District (Sullivan County) Attorney General to determine what, if any, criminal charges may be applicable to this incident.

Last edited: May 23, 2022
  6. zodiacflyer

zodiacflyer Heavy Load Member

Aug 25, 2014
    A few years ago, I was at a grocery store in Tulsa. There was a woman behind me in line on the phone, while her obnoxious kid screamed and yelled, and made my already surly disposition less suited for a public environment. I had a migraine, and the painkillers from my recent back surgery were wearing off. This little turd goes to push past me, and head butts be in the lower back, directly over the incision. After I regained my footing, I turned to her and told her and her husband/baby's daddy that if she did not get off the phone, and handle this tantrum, I was gonna stuff the kid's ### into the pepsi cooler, and then kick the #### out of him. (Pointing at the dude)... they looked at me for a couple seconds, and the dude took the kid to the car. I like to think there were some corrective actions taken, but probably not.

Judge and AModelCat Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.