Trucker Strike - *NEW* 4/12/19 ???

Discussion in 'Truckers News' started by Zigzag777, Mar 25, 2019.

1. chimbotano

chimbotano Heavy Load Member

Apr 21, 2013
    Woohhh! I supported the idea, but I did not know and still I don’t know who are the guys who started this “revolution “ but seems like this guys is plain ignorant and bully. This guy DOESN’T have any idea how and can’t communicate his ideas , if he has one , like a normal person, so he flips people off just because people don’t agree with him ? Sorry, but I can’t support morons .

drvrtech77 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. gokiddogo

gokiddogo Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Ontario Canada
    Well I sure did support the strike. Got home on Tuesday the 9th and didn't feel like working. Was kind of a slow week anyway. Perhaps I will get back at it next week, haven't decided yet. May just stay parked in protest until after Easter then work like mad again. :dontknow:

When is the next one?

lol...

chimbotano and Midnightrider909 Thank this.
  4. Midnightrider909

Midnightrider909 Road Train Member

Oct 26, 2016
    I go on strike multiple times a month whenever I don’t have a load. #GreenBacksMatter

chimbotano Thanks this.
  5. chimbotano

Apr 21, 2013
    Me too. So far I run 2700 miles in April . I will stay put till I get pay the rate I want and go to the place I want . I had a couple good rate offers, to go up east through Wyoming Nebraska on I 80 . I said NOPE!!

Midnightrider909 Thanks this.
  6. chimbotano

Apr 21, 2013
    That is the beauty of being independent Right ?

7. Omega1

Omega1 Heavy Load Member

Nov 18, 2017
    Oregon
    Oh that is rich!

8. gokiddogo

gokiddogo Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Ontario Canada
    Partly. Maybe 50%. The other half can be directly attributed to good money management. I do not live needing to make a huge week, every week. I can afford to take a week or 3 off here and there.

drvrtech77 and chimbotano Thank this.
  9. Infosaur

Infosaur Road Train Member

Didn't get the memo.

Hah! Just checked my logs. I *did* participate! (Sort of) I had a night delivery the day before, I was unloaded between 9-11 and had a 2 hour drive back to the shop (unloaded) since this client's PM deliveries have been playing havoc with scheduling, and my logs, I was told I couldn't come in until 2-3 and there wasn't much I could do at that point (sweep the warehouse, park some trailers, 'make' work.) I said it wasn't worth my time to come in for 2-3 hours and do physical labor. I'd rather stay home. I've worked enough 6 days weeks lately, I could use an extra day off.

So yup, totally supported that strike. Yup.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.