Truckers Falsifying Logbooks

Discussion in 'Truckers News' started by Cybergal, Feb 18, 2008.

1. Powder Joints

Powder Joints Subjective Prognosticator

Sep 25, 2007
    Rosamond, SoCal
    This is all crap. Drivers falsify the log book to make a living. Save the stories for the coffee shops. Thats a good one though, Divers lie to sleep. If that were true you would go broke.

You have to make up for the time you are not paid for, that you should be paid for.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. whodat54321

whodat54321 Light Load Member

Dec 27, 2009
    Lloydminster, AB, Canada
    It will be interesting to see if the reporter explores the true problem in this industry, which is the exemption to the fair labor act. It's going to be one of the the things that could change the industry radically, especially in light of the 'review' of the HOS rules that are pending. With EOBR's looking like they'll be mandatory in a few years time, there isn't much justification for it anymore...

4. 97 Ford Aeromax 550Det

97 Ford Aeromax 550Det Light Load Member

Oct 1, 2009
    Indiana
    LOL.....If you go to DOT.Gov and see their log examples, pay close to their explanations of EACH Log example(after they list WHY the drivers' in violation) and you'll see THEY even want us to Log illegally.
    EXAMPLE: ".......The driver "should of logged" an extra 2 hours so it could of been used in conjunction with the drivers 8 hours in the sleeper berth to move the checkpoint. Furthermore, if the driver would of logged it as OFF DUTY(not driving) stead of ON DUTY(not driving) it would of not counted against him/her".

Now I ask you, whom is kidding whom?

There are many other examples, but the ole saying still applies....."Dont do as I do....do as I say."

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.