Truckers Kryptonite

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by Korodoch, Sep 2, 2018.

1. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Females were used as bait. We were doing that in school long ago. Lures em right out.

arrogant steve Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. tucker

tucker Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2008
    IN
    At the foundry we have to walk past the workers that are out on their smoke break and there’s this one girl, early 20s, killer body and long blonde hair that looks like she spent hours working on with a curling iron.
    And like all the others she’s covered in the black sand and grindings.

justa_driver and Bean Jr. Thank this.
  4. arrogant steve

arrogant steve Medium Load Member

Mar 31, 2016
    East Texas
    Quoted wrong post.
    Hey! This actually happened, not that anything happened. I also helped put out a fire in the back of a pickup today. No, I didn't stop to take pictures.

5. Jwhis

Jwhis Heavy Load Member

Jan 17, 2018
    The longer you are on the road the lower the beauty standards get. It’s like non alcoholic beer goggles

86scotty Thanks this.
  6. Espressolane

Espressolane Road Train Member

Nov 21, 2009
    Just south of the north 40
    What, you didn’t whip out the phone and start taking video. Best you gonna get for that is a small bronze star.

arrogant steve Thanks this.
  7. Korodoch

Korodoch Bobtail Member

Oct 8, 2017
    Did I tell her to check for the pin to engage? No. When she pulled forward the first time, I did not hear the click, but let her get out and look. She then got back in the cab and pulled forward until I heard the click (and pointed it out to her) and she stopped and looked. This is an experencial type of job.
    So, I ask: After hooking to a trailer, AFTER a tug test, I examine the 5th wheel to make sure it looks good. Then I adjust my tandem positions by making the trailer retact the pins, then adjusting the tandem positions, reactiving the trailer breaks, disabling the trailer breaks, and the slowly pulling the tractor the desired direction, until the click of the pin engaguement. At this point, the trailer's breaks will cause my engine to stall if I do not realse the breaks.
    Am I doing something wrong? More pointedly, am I wrong at this point to not inspect the pin engaguement ont the trailer?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.