Truckers must wear a mask if delivering to these California counties

Discussion in 'Truckers News' started by rachi, Apr 9, 2020.

1. rabbiporkchop

rabbiporkchop Road Train Member

Feb 9, 2012
    Wapwallopen, Pa
    I got mine. They're hard to find these days.
    20200409_191341.jpg

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Sirscrapntruckalot

Sirscrapntruckalot Road Train Member

I wouldn't recommend underwear. ;)

T shirts though will work also, same with general cloth fabrics. It's not to stop you from catching it. It's to stop you from infecting others, targeted towards those who haven't been tested, so the majority of us. Or that's at lest how I understood the article I read.

I've made a couple posts on this before, their easy to make if your a sewing type or married to one who is, or one in the family. My wife has been making the ones for the general public for awhile now.

She's been sending them out to family, friends, vets, elderly folks, health compromised, etc etc.

Folks are wearing them here voluntarily. Not while driving that I've seen but when in stores, etc. Saw one guy wipe down each one of his car door handles when he came out...despite only opening one door an being the only one in the car. Whatever works for you I reckon.

Be safe, an just say no to underwear masks.

Sirscrapntruckalot - who was that masked man?

4. rachi

rachi Road Train Member

Feb 25, 2010
    SoCal
    You can cut the sleeve off of a tee shirt, works pretty good.

5. Wasted Thyme

Wasted Thyme Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2020
    GOAT watching
    Use used thongs from strippers. Buy them and help a single mother at the same time. lol

6. dca

dca Road Train Member

May 31, 2011
    Earth
  7. Infosaur

Infosaur Road Train Member

I had to run out for cat food yesterday morning (because, hey, I'm gone all week, but wait until I get home to remember to shop right?)

Forgot my mask, I guess this is gonna be a thing for a while. Wearing masks all the time.
    (Although, I wasn't wearing underwear or socks either, one of those "gosh darn it! I'll be right back!" 7am trips. I REALLY wanted to just go back to bed but nooooooo!)

8. tscottme

tscottme Road Train Member

They may be masked in their car because they are not willing to touch the mask after it is put on. All of the homemade masks are easily penetrated by virus if handled. These car drivers with masks may be driving to visit high-risk people and their mask is to help someone else.

I noticed quickly when I started wearing rubber gloves, I either need to have an infinite supply of gloves, or I have to wear them at times I would otherwise not wear them because taking them off/on the wrong way is a great way to spread the virus.

9. Wasted Thyme

Wasted Thyme Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2020
    GOAT watching
    well those cloth masks are really to keep you from spreading to others. Not to keep you from catching it. As they are not N95 or better rated. They're also meant to remind you not to touch your face.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.