Truckers protest fuel prices abroad

Discussion in 'European/Other Countries Truckers Forum' started by Cybergal, Jun 10, 2008.

1. Cybergal

Cybergal Road Train Member

Oct 20, 2008
    Truckers protest fuel prices abroad
    6/10/08

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Mastertech

Mastertech Staff Leader / Admin Staff Member Administrator

Dec 28, 2007
    3rd Rock From The Sun.
    I wish the truckers in the USA could get as organized and pull off something like this, minus the violence of course. Pretty soon people will take notice when the shelves are bare.

Hilltop Thanks this.
  4. Brickman

Brickman Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 17, 2006
    WY
    Me too MT, me too.

5. mannmk7

mannmk7 Medium Load Member

May 1, 2008
    AZ
    I agree with you.

Americans use to be strong, and stuck together.

No longer. We've been divived and conquered. :biggrin_25521:

6. truckermario

truckermario Road Train Member

Sep 24, 2006
    Europeans, of those who aren't some of the nicest people on earth, are those who are some of the biggest xenophobes and racists on earth.

Here in the US, the government is technically powerless to do anything about how big oil conducts its business(short of doing something about the speculators). I say we do something proactive instead of reactive and while we're waiting for some REAL answers, let's protest by driving slow or not driving at all(and that includes cars).

7. 18wheeldumptrucker

18wheeldumptrucker "Buckeye Bucket"

Apr 1, 2008
    Sullivan, Ohio

That's the whole idea. To stand together and truly do something about it. Alot of folks in this country are calling for a shut down, and I for 1 approve. But, there's way to many that only see less trucks running as a money making opportunity. If it were organized, I'm there. Until then, the wife and kids have to eat and have a roof over their heads.

8. Louie

Louie Bobtail Member

May 10, 2008
    Lorain, Ohio
    Agree with all of you! Just heard today that the price is supposed to peak at $4.15/gallon for regular gas and stay that way throughout the year. I have the opinion that they are playing with us, psychologically. If the price stays above $4 then we should all be happy when it comes back down to $3 something? But I really believe that's what the government, oil companies, and Saudi think! If there is no strike, at the minimum we should all drive 50 mph whether you can afford the high price or not. At least we could stand in solidarity and use less which will hurt the above 3 in terms of taxes, revenue, and control. Those Saudi's have us against the wall and the government is in on it. We all need to make the point of who is ultimately in control of this country - it is us!!!

Louie

9. Cybergal

Cybergal Road Train Member

Oct 20, 2008
    Spain gets tough with strikers, clearing blockades and making arrests
    6/11/08

10. mannmk7

mannmk7 Medium Load Member

May 1, 2008
    AZ
    If gas is $1.50 a gal for every $30.00 a barrel. The price of gas should be $6.75 a gal here in the USA. The price is being held back artifically to prevent panic.

Mad Max here we come.

11. Brickman

Brickman Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 17, 2006
    WY

OK then who is paying the other $2.75 a gallon if the national average is just over $4 and "it should be $6.75"?????????????

Please tell me that.

Cuz I can promise you none of the greedy speculators and oil companies are subsidizing any thing.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.