Truckers Report staff

Discussion in 'Truck Forum Information Center' started by Intheoutfeild, Mar 13, 2017.

1. Intheoutfeild

Intheoutfeild Light Load Member

Dec 15, 2007
    out there
    Just wondering what ever happen to Sheila from Sedalia and Bull haulers wife?

NavigatorWife Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. daf105paccar

daf105paccar Road Train Member

Apr 15, 2012
    Sheila is still working at/for TTR.
    I got a email from her recently.

4. passingthru69

passingthru69 Road Train Member

Bullhaulerswife, still around. Just last month we got a putting this section on notice from lol

5. bullhaulerswife

bullhaulerswife Forum Leader/Admin Staff Member Administrator

Jul 23, 2007
    Midwest
    I'm still here. Thanks for asking! My mom hasn't been doing well, so I've been a bit quiet on here. Sorry guys!

buddyd157, x1Heavy, pattyj and 10 others Thank this.
  6. NavigatorWife

NavigatorWife Road Train Member

Apr 30, 2012
    Cental West, AL
    Hope your mom is doing better.

7. bullhaulerswife

Jul 23, 2007
    Midwest
    Thank you. Small improvements, but still in the hospital. So not out of the woods. I appreciate you asking!

8. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Im sorry to hear of this. Some people have turned up missing, down the river as we say here in the South. Be nice to gather up the town and let em know they aint missed too much or are way too much depending on who is the one doing the missing. =)

bullhaulerswife and NavigatorWife Thank this.
  9. bullhaulerswife

Jul 23, 2007
    Midwest
    Today marks 3 years of this journey with mom. She had a stroke that took her speach and abilities to swallow/eat. This has been very hard for us. To top it all off, she is in a rural area with one doctor. His focus has been on the advanced directive that she has in place that reads "incapaciated or incoherent ". My mother is neither of those, but he continues to pull that into the discussion. (She can nod he her head when asking a yes or no question)We are at the point of a second opinion, but time is a factor also.

buddyd157, Big Don and x1Heavy Thank this.
  10. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    That doctor's constant pulling of those two magic words into the discussion is a dangerous one. It's almost he is more than ready to foster your mom off to the hands of the State run Nursing home god know where that would be far away or right down the street. We have spent time inside a few as State workers dealing with dementia as a specialty until we have had enough and got out.

I applaud those Advanced Directives, I have a set for the ex and if something happens I'll stick to them even if it kills me. And there is a set for me which is somewhat different and more involved than hers is.

The real danger is those People who FAIL TO SPEND 100 dollars to any lawyer in your state to cause a Medical directives to be written up and a person assigned to carry out your living will and wishes. YOU might find yourself tied to a excruciating form of life support for potentially hour, days and months because that court requires you to.

The day your Mom starts babbling to this doctor is most likely a permanent life changing day he appears to be waiting for.

I say this because I feel there is a problem coming based on your very specific writing which tells me that your Mom is loved.

My ex occasionally gives me a hard time when I have too much of a given pain situation causing the medicines to turn me into a babbling idiot unable to hold a rational conversation.. at times. On those day's we take what is called a drug holiday, literally starting at 30 hours since last dose of anything and lasting 8 days and nights. enjoying the sharpness of mind and body so that we can catch up on things and get it done. As far as the pain? A couple of fifths of spearmint strong drink made here in Arkansas does the job very well for managing pain as happened many a night long ago in my life and never has really stopped that role in life.

bullhaulerswife Thanks this.
  11. bullhaulerswife

Jul 23, 2007
    Midwest
    This roller-coaster is not fun, and my sister and I would like to get off. But each week/month/year we strap ourselves in for another ride. Mom is worth it. I don't know what else to say. If she was ready to give up, she would find a way to tell us. But she hasn't, so .... we are along for the ride.

RustyBolt, 386lover, Big Don and 3 others Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.