Truckers - What are your top 5 problems?

Discussion in 'Questions To Truckers From The General Public' started by paragur, Apr 13, 2017.

1. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    You, You, YOU, YOu and youse.

The public who must crowd, cutoff, jump lanes, slide out of control, speed into back of my trailer etc.

The Youse is special. NYC GWB at night or evening rush to exodus the city.

I don't have any problems anymore on the road. Then again the DOT thinks my problems are not fit for trucking anymore. go figure. Therefore, you the public no longer have to deal with me.

So there is no problem.

However.

I rack up trophies in lives saved. Two of you in a black mazda got between my trailer and your concrete barrier on the flyover ramp from 35 to 30 West in West Dallas-Arlington. What I had to do with that FFE truck aiming at the right side barrier to go over and potentally fall 100 feet to my own demise to save you two idiots was a REAL problem.

It's been 17 years and I still get angry over such problem drivers. I aint the one taking the action to save any more of you. Next time that trailer stays put. You crash you crash. No problem. /rant

Mattflat362 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. dryside

dryside Light Load Member

Oct 16, 2016

4. dryside

dryside Light Load Member

Oct 16, 2016
    you just have to pay the 2290, prorated, and get current on insp and reg and ins and away you go. what else is holding you back?

5. Ffx95

Ffx95 Road Train Member

May 18, 2017
    1) 62 and below governed trucks. I can handle 65 but 62 is too low.

2) Low pay considering you're carrying a vehicle that can cause massive damage if handled wrong.

3) HOS regulations that penalize those who take more often breaks.

4) The fact that megas don't make the truck more comfortable to go OTR. (Built in fridges, house style outlets, reasonable built in satellite wifi)

5) THE SUN WHEN YOU'RE HEADING FROM AZ TO CALI DURING SUNSET. JESUS CHRIST.

6. miss elvee

miss elvee Heavy Load Member

Dec 15, 2012
    Russellville, AR
    And who are you and your team? Credentials please.

cybill234 Thanks this.
  7. lovesthedrive

lovesthedrive R.I.P.

Nov 11, 2008
    Sorrento Maine
    They are one post wonders. Ok they posted twice. They wont post again. Good luck on getting them to respond otherwise.

There have been many posters here that will barely squeak at more than 5 posts if that. Getting answers rarely ever happens. Just letting you know.

miss elvee Thanks this.
  8. trucking.shine

trucking.shine Light Load Member

Jun 19, 2017
    Hi @Hick, I know this post was a long time ago, but I just came across it. I don't know if you still feel this way but it got me thinking...
    Why wouldn't you want someone who's not a Driver to solve Trucking problems? I know they don't have all the experience and haven't suffered the pains for themselves, but at least they are trying to help in some way. And if the result of their product doesn't solve the problem, then don't use it.
    It is tough for a Trucker (retired or active) to get the resources and contacts that these new startups have. All that money from Silicon Valey and kids that are programming all the new software is far from reachable to a Truck driver or Carrier owner. Companies like Uber, Convoy, KeepTrucking, TruckerPath for example.
    So if you don't accept that others try to solve the issues our industry has, then innovation would come at a very slow pace.
    Unless of course, you don't want any innovation and just leave things the way they are now.
    Hopefully, the good upcoming products will come from people that are industry experts, and I'm sure those are the ones that will be successful. But shutting down someone because they haven't driven a truck, doesn't seem fair to me.

LineHaulLodge Thanks this.
  9. Oldironfan

Oldironfan Road Train Member

May 22, 2017
    1 health.
    2 keeping home front happy.
    3 pay.
    This is all that is important.

homeskillet Thanks this.
  10. HaulinCars

HaulinCars Medium Load Member

Jan 25, 2014
    Central Florida
    1) 14 hour clock - should be at least 18
    2) Fuel price - 15 years ago diesel was cheaper than regular gasoline, now it cost more than premium gasoline!
    3) 30 minute break - I get plenty of brake as I want or need either before during or after loading or fueling. If I need or want another break I take it. I don't I need to be told I have to take another 30-minute break and kill more time out of my 14 hours if I don't want or need it.
    4) Parking to sleep. There are nowhere near enough places to park to sleep. There needs to be at least half again or twice as many spaces as are currently available. The government has stepped in and made mandatory breaks and rest rest periods, they should step in and provide the place in which to do it. More rest areas, truck only parking areas and so forth.
    5)IFTA - It was SUPPOSED to be TEMPORARY. It's a real pain in the behind takes a lot of time and creates more paperwork and problems then then it could possibly be worth.

Mattflat362 Thanks this.
  11. Antinomian

Antinomian Road Train Member

Feb 17, 2013
    1. truck maintenance
    2. the 70 hour rule
    3. things that make me have to go home
    4. bad data connectivity
    5. governed trucks in my way

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.