TruckersReport was offline for two days, here are the details

Discussion in 'Truck Forum Information Center' started by Admin, Feb 8, 2013.

1. Cranky Yankee

Cranky Yankee Cranky old ######

Jan 31, 2012
    Green Bay Wi
    i dont dare go back to bed in case it is all a dream

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. PackRatTDI

PackRatTDI Licensed to Ill

Jul 15, 2006
    El Chuco, Tejas
    I had to reset Thursday and was forced to read CNN all day.

4. Bigdubber

Bigdubber Light Load Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Colchester, VT
    Yiiiippppeeee Kie Yaw!!! I too was having "withdrawals"!!! :biggrin_2556: :biggrin_25515:

I have become addicted to TTR! :biggrin_25521:

EVERYONE who is involved in putting TTR together and providing this service for us all are my HEROES! :biggrin_25514:

THANK YOU!! THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU!!! :biggrin_25525:

5. PackRatTDI

PackRatTDI Licensed to Ill

Jul 15, 2006
    El Chuco, Tejas
    System failures happen. When I worked at Wal-Mart, a construction worker managed to disconnect the communication cable between home office and the mainframe at the store. The overnight managers tried to reboot the systems all at once which is a nono and the whole system crashed, causing the store to close that as none of the registers worked. Two techs flew in from Bentonville on the corporate jet to fix the problem.

6. NewNashGuy

NewNashGuy Road Train Member

Jul 27, 2011
    US and Canada
    I used to manage three dedicated servers for my sites and to avoid a DB or Apache failure in the future you could setup crons to automatically restart these services every couple of days. When I set this up I never had any more problems related to this issue and my sites have been online every single day for years afterwards (which have more traffic than this site). When I saw the DB error message I already knew that you were experiencing this same problem.

7. SAMMY6969

SAMMY6969 Medium Load Member

Nov 12, 2011
    LOLOL....OK...I WAS THINKING ,OK WHAT DID I SAY AND ON WHAT TOPIC,DAM...I STOPED WITH MOST OF THE SWEARING..SH**!! THIS IS A GREAT SITE.AND I DONT FACEBOOK....KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK..& IM B haven ..LOL..

8. CondoCruiser

CondoCruiser The Legend

Apr 18, 2010
    Tennessee
    Otter decided to take a leak behind that funny looking crate which turned out to be the server. He is still laying knocked out in a puddle of urine holding what appears to be a little birthday candle with a flame on the end! :)

9. Wargames

Wargames Captain Crusty

Jul 22, 2010
    WI.
    home sweet home, thanks Sam, for all your hard work, getting us back on, sure did miss yall, now, lets party.

10. Ultra7

Ultra7 Heavy Load Member

Feb 21, 2011
    NE Ohio
    Man Thursday was a rough day for this Driver. No TTR and I was stuck at a shipper for 9 hrs trying to get loaded. Many thanks getting the site back up and running again.

bullhaulerswife Thanks this.
  11. inkeper

inkeper Road Train Member

Jan 30, 2011
    Texas
    #### glad you got it fixed and back up! I had to resort to playing solitaire!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.