Trucking business without me as the driver

Discussion in 'Trucking Industry Regulations' started by MVTRUCKING, May 14, 2024.

1. wifi_guru

wifi_guru Medium Load Member

Feb 22, 2024
    you know the old saying it's on the internets it must be true :D:eek:. people need common sense to weed through all of the BS

AModelCat and Deere hunter Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. pavrom

pavrom Road Train Member

Apr 29, 2012
    NE illinois
  4. Magoo1968

Magoo1968 Road Train Member

Mar 18, 2021
    St Malo mb
    On the bright side they are both working great jobs so it should help support the trucking losses if the dedicate enough income for that purpose.. PS if you pick the wrong driver you risk losing everything you own in a accident. The protection you Think you have is not there .

unloader, wifi_guru and Deere hunter Thank this.
  5. Eddiec

Eddiec Road Train Member

Feb 2, 2015
    You guys are engineers - would you build a bridge based on information that you got off the internet?!!

6. buzzarddriver

buzzarddriver Road Train Member

Feb 1, 2011
    Dallas, TX
    The old saying is, "A fool and his money are soon parted".

wifi_guru and Deere hunter Thank this.
  7. Ridgeline

Ridgeline Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Michigan
    I just mentioned the liabilities, I know a few owners who have been sued personally, losing a lot of money - personal money - because it was their company. There are no protections when you are involved with an active revenue creation, you are on the hook for it.

Magoo1968, wifi_guru and Deere hunter Thank this.
  8. Concorde

Concorde Road Train Member

Jun 29, 2016
    West Melbourne Florida
    Imagine being that driver working for two guys without a clue :)

What could possibly go wrong…

$250k and I’ll set you right up with a trucking company.. I’ll even throw in 24 hours support for one day..free.

wifi_guru, Sons Hero and Deere hunter Thank this.
  9. 86scotty

86scotty Road Train Member

Aug 27, 2017
    Appalachia
    This is the best reply yet on this forum. Maybe ever.

I'm betting the guys who built the Key bridge might've gotten their engineering degrees on the internet. Worked out great for them.

Last edited: May 15, 2024
    Sons Hero Thanks this.
  10. wis bang

wis bang Road Train Member

Jan 12, 2011
    Levittown, PA
    How do you end up with a Million from trucking....Start with TWO ! ! !

Seriously, if you want to start something in trucking, the load [as you said it] comes first!

I've scheduled, dispatched and delivered pleanty of 1,2,3 Kill Ya Quick that really didn't pay all that much more despite considerable investment in equipment, consumables, PPE and training.

I watched that dedicated freight dwindle as the environmental concerns closed a bunch of producing facilities in the north east so the number of 'plums' available for picking whithered as well.

Presidential election years ALLWAYS get slow so the carriers are doing everthing to keep their good drivers even housecleaning some of the headaches.

Spend a year or so looking for the potential base business and sell it first.

wifi_guru Thanks this.
  11. wifi_guru

wifi_guru Medium Load Member

Feb 22, 2024
    This is like the blind leading the blind!!! Since they have no clue what's going on makes me wonder what kind of drivers they will attract??? Most drivers won't give a #### about your truck it's not there problem!!! This is like a biden and harris moment lol

Deere hunter and Sons Hero Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.