Trucking Companies that Hire/Train Students that have 2 or more moving violations.

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by HotShot Trucker, Jan 26, 2020.

1. HotShot Trucker

HotShot Trucker Light Load Member

Jan 7, 2020
    Hello All:
    I just wanted to know what other companies besides Roehl, SWIFT, CRST, and CR England hire and train Trucking students for CDL Training, regardless of their moving violations?
    I had received 2 moving violations 1 ticket for Obstruction (NO POINTS) in March 2016, and another ticket for Delaying Traffic (NO POINTS) in January 2020.
    I am very worried that these moving violations would greatly impact my chances of getting hired/trained with a company and the CDL that I will acquire through a Trucking School would go to waste because I might have a hard time getting hired.
    On the side note: I don't speed, drive recklessly, I don't do anything crazy behind the wheel such as aggressive driving, using phone to text. And I don't drink or smoke so DUI/DWI is virtually impossible to get. (I don't know if second hand smoke counts).
    I welcome your comments and opinions.
    Thank You

Chinatown Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Jenn72

Jenn72 Medium Load Member

Jun 7, 2019
    Most companies only go back 3 years for tickets. I don't know where you are located, but FFE/ KLLM has a CDL school and hires. You get paid during training and if you do a year the school is free.

FFE / KLLM CDL schools are located in Dallas, TX, Jackson, MS, and Lemont, IL (Chicago)

Also @Chinatown can help you

HotShot Trucker and Chinatown Thank this.
  4. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Are you in New Jersey?
    Are the tickets showing on your MVR?
    Probably get more responses on the Questions From New Drivers thread.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2020
    HotShot Trucker and d o g Thank this.
  5. HotShot Trucker

Jan 7, 2020
    Thanks for the reply,
    I live in New Jersey (NJ) and the good thing is that these are NO POINTS, however the latest one I received this month, I am afraid would greatly impact my chances of getting hired.

6. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    I think you're ok.
    What was the delaying traffic? Driving too slow or something?

HotShot Trucker Thanks this.
  7. HotShot Trucker

Jan 7, 2020
    Thanks for the reply,
    Yes, I am from New Jersey. Unfortunately the Tickets will be on the record for life, I had asked a lawyer who primarily specializes with tickets such as Speeding, DUI/DWI, and that was what he had mentioned.

8. HotShot Trucker

Jan 7, 2020
    Yes sir, going 32 in a 45 Potholes and Ice spots, funny thing is those potholes where filled up the next day. Either way these tickets don't get dismissed easily, it is cheaper to pay the ticket ($54) instead of going to court ($133 fees)

9. HotShot Trucker

Jan 7, 2020
    I had contacted PRIME the next day and the recruiter said that she must inform the safety dept. if I am eligible to be hired/trained by them, so far no call yet. Roehl transport didn't mind, as I told them I don't speed, and I don't drink or do any bad things.

10. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    OK, I'll give you some names of trucking company cdl schools. Look them over and apply to several that you like. Do the online application and you'll be contacted by someone at the company if they're interested.
    You'll get some offers for sure.
    First one @Jenn72 recommended.
    KLLM owns FFE, but apply to both if you want. Important; apply, even if you don't think you qualify; let the company make the decision.
    FFE seems to be more popular.
    1. FFE > Drivers > Student Driver > Need Training?
      https://www.ffeinc.com/Drivers/StudentDriver/NeedTraining.aspx
      Unlike other truck driving schools, our Academy is a part of FFE Transportation Services Inc., a growing 60+ year old leader in temperature-controlled trucking. This means we are able to offer you a guaranteed truck driver position upon graduation* and also a real-world education in truck driving that might not be available through general ...

HotShot Trucker and Jenn72 Thank this.
  11. Jenn72

Jenn72 Medium Load Member

Jun 7, 2019

We have a terminal in Burlington, NJ. They are hiring for that terminal.

x1Heavy and HotShot Trucker Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.