Trucking company never delivered furniture & not returning calls

Discussion in 'Questions To Truckers From The General Public' started by anatole84, May 5, 2017.

1. anatole84

anatole84 Bobtail Member

May 5, 2017
    I created this account because my friend is at a loss now and I am trying to help. Him and his wife ordered new couches. The furniture company belongs to a good friend of his father's. They've all bought furniture from him for years. His warehouse is located in New Jersey and he manufactures furniture in Germany. When the furniture got to his warehouse he suggested to use his courier to have it delivered to Dallas, TX (where we live), but as we have a friend that is a Director of Sales at uShip, my friend decided to use their services instead and save a couple of hundred bucks.

Through uShip a delivery was scheduled with a company called PPU Systems. It was picked up on March 27th. Initially was told that the delivery would be about a week and half. Then lied and said he didn't give that time frame at all. uShip send him emails, but he never responded. He finally answered and said it would be delivered the 3rd week of April on a Wednesday morning but never showed. Numerous emails, phone calls, and texts have been sent to him and he ignored all of them. Except a few texts from me. He even responded saying since he is not getting the payment from uShip and his account has been banned, he will be delivering the goods back to the warehouse. But they would require pictures and proof of the furniture and he never responded to that text either. Now it is in limbo and he is not answering again. No one knows where the furniture is and he is ignoring everyone again.

uShip is claiming they are not liable for the goods, but will refund my friend the money for the delivery. However, the $4000 furniture is what he cares most about. He had insurance, but now the insurances is claiming that he needs to file a report in New Jersey where the furniture was picked up. However, NJ does not take reports by phone and my friend has to be present or hire an attorney perhaps. He is at a loss and I feel for them and just trying to help and see what can be done. This is straight up theft at this point and nothing can be done about it. They feel helpless by all of it.

The courier information:

PPU Systems LLC.
    USDOT# 2910956.
    3114 Emory Street NW
    Covington, GA 30014

Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2017
    Reason for edit: Phone numbers removed
    AtticusRoad and Anonymous One Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. street beater

street beater Road Train Member

Apr 18, 2014
    cold as hell, MN
    Just call a law dog and have them handle it. Best you can do.

4. TequilaSunrise

TequilaSunrise Medium Load Member

Feb 3, 2016
    Seattle, WA
    Sorry this happened but.... To save a couple hundred dollars by using an unknown entity wasn't very good thinking.

5. lovesthedrive

lovesthedrive R.I.P.

Nov 11, 2008
    Sorrento Maine
    No they shouldnt take anything by phone call. You need to copy the documentation and send it by registered mail to the company in NJ. It will be for them to decide how to contact the receiver of the shipment (probably after they have done a internal investigation). Generally anything done over the phone with excited non understanding customers will be considered as an attempt on your part to commit fraud. So it must be done by snail mail.

6. miss elvee

miss elvee Heavy Load Member

Dec 15, 2012
    Russellville, AR
    Sorry to hear about your friend's troubles.

Definitely go through either the police or a lawyer. I would contact the ones in New Jersey.

Please tell us this is lesson learned. Don't go cheap to move important or expensive items. Go professional. A DOT number doesn't mean he's on the up and up.

TequilaSunrise Thanks this.
  7. crb

crb Road Train Member

Dec 1, 2009
    USA
    Uship says it all.

HaulinCars, AModelCat, Joetro and 3 others Thank this.
  8. Raezzor

Raezzor Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Aug 1, 2009
    Columbus, OH
    Wouldn't the refund for the cost of the items themselves come through the shipper/company that they bought the furniture from? Or is that not the case since the customer arranged pick up/delivery?

9. TequilaSunrise

TequilaSunrise Medium Load Member

Feb 3, 2016
    Seattle, WA
    Something I have done in the past for faster resolution is rate them Uship on Facebook and state my case completely with a one-star rating and then comment with photos to verify that my review is a valid.

And then comment on every 5 star review with screen shots and remind people that sometimes they trust your things with people that cannot delivery or lack insurance.

The company that picked up your "friend's" stuff is a super small one truck hyper localized carrier with no insurance on file... Due diligence is never a suggestion.

FireLotus and Joetro Thank this.
  10. crb

crb Road Train Member

Dec 1, 2009
    USA
    If they have been banned from uship I don't think rating them with 1 star would help.

Sad to say my guess is the goods are gone.

11. lovesthedrive

lovesthedrive R.I.P.

Nov 11, 2008
    Sorrento Maine
    The one thing that hasnt been discussed here is???? Truck drivers can only drive so many hours per week. Then a mandatory reset must happen. This driver could be running legal and be on their mandatory 35 hour reset. The items will show up, just give it some time. Probably what the NJ office is doing and showing patience.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.