Trucking Economist Predicts “A Lot of Trucking Failures” Coming Soon Due to Pandemic What do yall th

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by Bobtail Bobby, Apr 5, 2020.

1. Adegon

Adegon Bobtail Member

May 6, 2017
    I got my MC in Feb. 2016, I don't remember the market booming in 16 or 17 for that matter, the booming started late 17, i did have major breakdowns, my 1 box when out on trip in PA, came out with bill of $11,995 after being 5 days in the shop, then on my very first trip after that my air compressor went out mid trip to MI, that was over 4 thousand adventure with towing and parts and labor, so idk if you want to call that luck that in a span of 8 days I spent over 16k in repairs with no income while working in shiiitie market with a new MC.

Rideandrepair and tommymonza Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. nredfor88

nredfor88 Road Train Member

Sep 26, 2019
    USA
    Well I’m a truck driver but I see some truth in what you are saying. When I was researching companies to join, one of the criteria was their ability to withstand economic downturns, considering company stability and freight contracts. I was concerned about normal downturn in the economy. Never seeing this, of course.

Now I’m getting all I can run. March was a record month for me and April is looking better. I haven’t been home since late February, and I’m never sitting waiting on a load.

So yeah, I guess it does have to do with the business people behind the operation I work for.

Rideandrepair Thanks this.
  4. tommymonza

tommymonza Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2013
    S.W. Florida
    But you Survived . Congratulations , and I am not being a smurtazz.

Dont kick the poor guys that weren't so prepared or timed this wrong..

5. trucker2121

trucker2121 Light Load Member

Apr 29, 2013
    not everyone has it good
    lol. yea I did yesterday. im home relaxing in peace from the long two years and half years under a lease. when im ready next step im buying my truck.

Rideandrepair Thanks this.
  6. Adegon

Adegon Bobtail Member

May 6, 2017
    I know you're not and the only reason I'm telling you this is because I don't like when other truckers say you need 100k to get into trucking, it's not true.

Rideandrepair, tommymonza and Sani101 Thank this.
  7. 88228822

88228822 Heavy Load Member

Sep 26, 2018
    There is always at least a recession around the corner in this cycle of boom and bust.

tommymonza and Rideandrepair Thank this.
  8. Rideandrepair

Rideandrepair Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2015
    At least you were able to get out of it. That’s the main thing. It’s easy to get into Trucking, sometimes hard to get out with credit intact. Sometimes you dig in deeper, to stay in, and still lose. At this point you haven’t really lost anything. Gained knowledge along the way, and are free to decide if and when to get back in.

tommymonza Thanks this.
  9. Rideandrepair

Rideandrepair Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2015
    I was being sarcastic, I started with literally 0 money, have had good times and bad. Currently things are very tight. The example I used would be 200k or more, not counting paying off a house first. It’s not realistic, the whole idea is to make money, not spend it.The hardest part of this Bussiness is hanging onto what you make. So many variable costs. Even the most prepared can lose a small fortune quickly. Best to protect any personal assets if you have any. and invest as little as possible in such a risky Business as Trucking.

Adegon Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.