Trucking GPS unit, any recommendations?

Discussion in 'Canadian Truckers Forum' started by trucker82, Apr 13, 2014.

1. AfroBat

AfroBat Medium Load Member

Jul 24, 2008
    Los Angeles, Ca.
    Set it up for 70 ft and the axels need to be set up I gotta get mines out tomorrow and then I can tell you the weights if ya need them for the bridge laws.
    One of these other guys may know it so they may beat me too it, I'm tired right now sorry guy. :biggrin_25518:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. twalk

twalk Bobtail Member

Feb 24, 2013
    Charlotte, NC
    I have the same unit DEZL 760 and I used it about 3 months and it doesn't work just flashes on for 20 seconds and back off. Cant get support on the phone either its a 35 minute wait...I tried there email address and get a HTTP 500 server error...Gave $450.00 for this unit and its worth less. I wont buy another Garmin.

4. trucker82

trucker82 Bobtail Member

Nov 14, 2013
    It has saved my ### enough since I got it that its been more than worth the money.

If your's is still under a year since purchase you can easily send it in using the online form @ https://support.garmin.com/support/searchSupport/escalateForm.htm.

I was curious to see how I would claim my warranty and I found this form right off their main dot com page. Follow the directions given here and let me know how it works.

I am puzzled why anyone would spend near $500 and not pro-actively claim the warranty. Even their repaired items come with a 90 day warrant. It may be worth putting in a little more work considering the amount of work/time it may have cost you to get the money for the device in the first place.

http://www8.garmin.com/support/warranty.html#non-avn

Obtain Warranty Service in 2 Easy Steps

Step 1 : Get an RMA Number

Call or email Product Support to request a RMA number. You will need the device serial number (if applicable), a return shipping address and a daytime phone number.
    Phone: (800) 800-1020 or (913) 397-8200
    Fax: (913) 397-8282
    Email: Product Support

Step 2 : Send Us the Device

Along with the RMA number, Product Support will give you a dock number to include in the shipping address. Ship the device (insured) to the following address. It is very important to include your RMA number and the assigned dock number.
    Garmin International
    1200 E. 151st St.
    RMA Number: (insert your RMA number here)
    Dock Door (insert the dock number here)
    Olathe, KS 66062

5. twalk

twalk Bobtail Member

Feb 24, 2013
    Charlotte, NC
    I went to Garmin's website before I posted on here a few hours ago. When you go to the first link and sign under your user name and password I get an HTTP//ERROR 500 I guess there website link is not working?? Also by the way the unit is still under warranty and I'm trying to pro-actively file a claim but if your unable to reach anyone you can't very well use your warranty.

6. AfroBat

Jul 24, 2008
    Los Angeles, Ca.
    I haven't spoken to them in a while but try this number 1-800-800-1020 I have gotten through to em with that number have your unit and receipt in hand.

7. AfroBat

Jul 24, 2008
    Los Angeles, Ca.
    OK the axle weights are 17,000 for drives and trailer and what does the lowest state allow 12,000 steers I think it's Louisiana. Yes I know what the book says but it varies state by state and keep a little note by your unit so you know what the tonnage conversation is it will come in handy because many states use tons instead. I have had my hair turn grey a time or to because of tonnage signs. Not funny to run up on one.

8. Liban

Liban Bobtail Member

May 7, 2014
    Guys, Where can I buy a trucking gps in toronto? I need one urgently for Friday this week. I've been to all the usual places, bestbuy, walmart, thesource, etc.

Found nothing!

9. PipeDreamin

PipeDreamin Bobtail Member

May 5, 2014
    Edmonton, Alberta

What at about Tiger Direct in Vaughn? Sometimes they have stuff like that. Save your gas money and look online first. Www.tigerdirect.ca.
    Also costco? They have a great return policy but chances are they won't have what your looking for in store, it'll just be available online, but worth looking into.
    Other then that, you could check at the truck dealerships and truck stops.
    Good luck :)

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.