Trucking in North America vs around the world

Discussion in 'Trucks [ Eighteen Wheelers ]' started by Bean Jr., Oct 26, 2017.

1. spsauerland

spsauerland Road Train Member

May 31, 2010
    West Harrison, In
    LOL, looks like her toes went through the front a couple times when trying to slide in!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. daf105paccar

daf105paccar Road Train Member

Apr 15, 2012
    Not showing the whole story......................you should mention the higher DEF/Ad-Blue usage because those engines have hardly any EGR.

Or the problems Volvo's have with the DEF/Ad-Blue system.

4. nevesu

nevesu Heavy Load Member

May 2, 2011
    Sorry, you are wrong this time, I-save uses 1l/100 km just like Dafs. Older engines yes, 2l/100 or above.

And I had more problems with adblue on dafs (nox sensors) than Volvos.

5. daf105paccar

daf105paccar Road Train Member

Apr 15, 2012
    Sorry but i don't agree.
    I have a friend with a mixed fleet(Daf,Volvo,Renault and MAN).
    Basicly all run around the same cost per mile.
    Some use less diesel but use more DEF,some have higher diesel consumption but less DEF.
    Biggest factor is the driver.
    Those with lead in their foot cost the most per mile.

But if you are so happy with Volvo's....................keep buying them.:)

6. 98989

98989 Road Train Member

Sep 14, 2008
    We should mention that nox sensors were problem on earlier generation of all trucks, they come from same suppliers.

Other thing is that price of adblue in places like Poland cost about 0.25eur/L.

daf105paccar Thanks this.
  7. spsauerland

spsauerland Road Train Member

May 31, 2010
    West Harrison, In
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2021
  8. nevesu

nevesu Heavy Load Member

May 2, 2011
    I had both Dafs and Volvos. Sold Volvos at 450k - never a single issue with Adblue. Fact, they were using about 2l/100km, both those where older engines.
    Dafs like I said I replaced nox sensors few times, and it was the same story on XF105.

The greatest thing about I-save Volvos is they really limit driver factor. Doesn't really matter that much who is driving (as long as he uses CC), terrain, weight, they are really good on fuel on monthly, yearly average.

9. Cat sdp

Cat sdp . .

Apr 8, 2012
    Orion's Belt
    Boo…….

Sweden’s first hydrogen-powered refuse truck has recently started work on the streets of the country’s second city, Gothenburg. The business of garbage collection has just become cleaner.

The truck, which will pick up recycled materials from city businesses, is better for city air and noise quality and driver comfort because it’s completely silent and only emits clean water, the sole by-product of hydrogen fuel cell technology. In fact, the propulsion, loading and compaction of the waste all take place with the electricity which is produced in the fuel cells. The heat generated is then used to heat the cab.

The innovative new vehicle is the result of 18 months of development by a consortium consisting of Scania, truck bodybuilder JOAB, fuel cell developer Powercell Sweden and the waste and recycling company Renova, which is owned by ten municipalities in western Sweden.

The initiative is supported financially by a grant from the Swedish Energy Agency. The Royal Institute of Technology (KTH) is also engaged in the project working with data collection and analysis for comparison with other alternative drivelines and vehicle fuels.

79F96B46-9887-4CF1-8D9B-15BD6DC29787.jpeg

10. 98989

98989 Road Train Member

Sep 14, 2008
    I think for garbage truck, BEV makes much more sense

sebas9558 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.