Trucking list for truck

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by hollywood76, May 24, 2017.

1. hollywood76

hollywood76 Medium Load Member

Jan 16, 2015
    milwaukee wisconsin
    hello everyone me and they wife are planning to go to school around aug7th I was told to bring enough clothes for 3 weeks schooling and for our trainers trucks. My question when we get our truck is there certain things we should buy I know a CB that's one thing we got a 1500 watt inverter to buy anything else we should worry bout or wait till we get our truck and rolling

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. gokiddogo

gokiddogo Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Ontario Canada
    Don't buy a cb yet or an inverter. You can get those later. Bring a cigarette lighter cell phone charger and about 500 in cash. I usually pack clothes for 7 to 10 days. There are laundry machines at truck stops, make use of them. Just go and learn. Bring bread and peanut butter and a knife. Case of pop or water. Until you get your own truck there's no sense in packing heavy. When you do you will fill it up. The company may provide an inverter and fridge. Or may not and also may not allow you to use one. All can be figured out once you are rolling on your own.

4. hollywood76

Jan 16, 2015
    milwaukee wisconsin
  5. gokiddogo

Mar 5, 2012
    Ontario Canada
    Np
    Ask again when done school and once you are settled at whichever company you begin with. Chinatown can point you in the right direction as to what company may suit what you are looking for, and for your are. That can also be discussed when you are in school or have cdl in hand.

6. hollywood76

Jan 16, 2015
    milwaukee wisconsin
    we goin with us express as team so far unless there a change

7. gokiddogo

Mar 5, 2012
    Ontario Canada
    Watch some of jade and jon on YouTube... specifically the one their last trucking load.... see how much crap they have in that truck. Filled a good size cargo van.

8. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    No.

Worry about the CB and Inverter later. It is not yet your assigned truck. You go with very little as possible. One cold weather winter set, one hot weather set and ordinary clothes, about 8 days worth in a manner to which you can toss all of them into one machine to wash one time and dry one time without sorting. Plus a laundry bag you can also toss into machine and wash.

You will go to orientation with very little as possible. One bag.

When you are assigned at trainer, use the time to examine what works and what does not with trainer and his stuff. Then by the end of your training you will understand what to get and what not to get.

9. hollywood76

Jan 16, 2015
    milwaukee wisconsin
    yup I don't need to horde in my truck simple easy and less and very easy hopefully I shouldn't let the wife fill the truck up lol

10. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Hand bag to wife. Say to her. Fill this one bag and that's it. Nothing else. Do not whatever you do cave in to her screeching and protesting.

11. gokiddogo

Mar 5, 2012
    Ontario Canada
    Problem is that bag is only designated to hold YOUR money and it will never be full

Chinatown and x1Heavy Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.