Trucking School offers placement @ swift, covenant, werner, etc...

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by newbiewithquestions, Mar 16, 2007.

1. Cerberus101

Cerberus101 Heavy Load Member

Oct 25, 2006
    Georgia

Read the threads on them and the most recent info on them around here. SNI is having some issues right now but they'll still take anybody. Roehl on the other hand is picky and choosey and turn alot of apps down. Don't believe all the hype recruiters tell you. go talk to some of the drivers out there to the companies your interested in but stay away from the drivers who also recruit.

and don't worry about making a bad descion because i'll tell you what, you will. as a trucker we all make stupid mistakes but if you learn from them and don't let it happen again then it's ok.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. newbiewithquestions

newbiewithquestions Bobtail Member

Mar 16, 2007

If you go through schooling at a particular company, do they ALWAYS offer you a contract?

4. Cerberus101

Oct 25, 2006
    Georgia
    no, try to stay away from company contracts if at all posible but you should stay with a company for at least the first year when you get started........

5. Tip

Tip Tipster

Mar 18, 2006
    ON STRIKE
    Good advice.

Get on with a good outfit and stay with 'em for a year or three.

Quitting before you get your first year in will hurt your future job prospects. You don't need it. This is why that first company absolutely MUST be good. It'll be hard to stay on with a Swift or an England for a year. Some guys at these outfits can't even hang on for a month, let alone a year.

Hire on with a good company and go, man, go.

6. newbiewithquestions

newbiewithquestions Bobtail Member

Mar 16, 2007
    haha...the only hard part about being a newbie is finding a good company:biggrin_255:

we'll have to see.

7. Tip

Tip Tipster

Mar 18, 2006
    ON STRIKE
    Be patient. Hang in there until you find what you want. I'd delve into the yellow pages today if I were starting out. I know there are plenty of small companies around my home area of Salt Lake City that have entries in the yellow pages phone book, and most of those don't ever advertise in the "help wanteds" begging for drivers. I'd check out these companies, definitely. I'd also stay away from the big players and any company that must advertise in the papers for help more than about once a month.

Try to go with an LTL, union carrier. You may have to spend a year on the docks lumping freight and running forklifts to prove yourself, but it'll be worth it in the longer run. Things that are worth having are never easy to get. Things that are easy to get usually aren't worth having. You better believe trucking jobs definitely apply here.

8. grayco

grayco Bobtail Member

Mar 6, 2007
    I have been told that USA Trucks does NOT have a driving school.And,that one has to have at least 6 moths OTR experience before USA will consider hiring.Then,I see on this forum that USA does have school.Which is it?I have researched every company/school out there and USA keeps coming back to me.ANY info would be greatly appreciated.Stay safe out there!

9. grayco

grayco Bobtail Member

Mar 6, 2007
    By the way,the recruiter I talked to was from Trucker's Dispatch.Have also dealt with Driver Solutions and Future Truckers recruiters.They all seem to contradict themselves as well as each other!

10. bigpetesbee

bigpetesbee Bobtail Member

Mar 25, 2007
    if your fiancee is looking at a good training program with little out of pocket expense have em look at millis transfer if you go this route have em get training in richfiled wi and see if he/she can get chris smith as an instructor the cost is $500 out of pocket richfield has a great hotel and as you can see no one says stay away from millis so the company is great and have awesome equiptment HOPE THIS HELPS:biggrin_25523:

11. Cerberus101

Oct 25, 2006
    Georgia
    i know very little about m.t. so why don't you share some more info since i'm looking for a company to run teams with. she hasn't driven in 3 yrs but does have 1 yr exp. me too many too want too count..........

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.