Trucking Urban Legends

Discussion in 'Questions To Truckers From The General Public' started by Zack P, May 5, 2021.

1. wis bang

wis bang Road Train Member

Jan 12, 2011
    Levittown, PA
    I like the local lore, pickup driving slowly up the middle of the NJ turnpike truck lanes with a couple going at it on a mattress in the back...often told by the most gregarious guy in the barn who goes on to describe it happened while he was training the guy who claimed to be a preacher so he matched speed for a good bit so the preacher would get a real eye full...

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    Well, there is that picture floating around of a nekkid lady riding on the top of a sleeper cab. Yes, the very top....

4. Moose1958

Moose1958 Road Train Member

Dec 17, 2010
    Hampton Virginia
    I can't remember the exact location or state. My pop used to talk about a lady that was murdered somewhere along US 80 in either Alabama or Mississippi way back in the late 50s. I think she was a hitchhiker. According to my pop Truckers could sometimes see her thumbing for rides along that stretch of road. Pop said he never did see her and I have not either and going back to when I was a small boy I remember riding on US 80 even across the old now closed to traffic US 80 bridge that crosses the Mississippi River! Legend?? Most likely!

5. Moose1958

Moose1958 Road Train Member

Dec 17, 2010
    Hampton Virginia
    I am deeply ashamed to admit it, but so have I. In of all places on I 95 in DC. I was bobtail and actually went to sleep. Thankfully I was bobtail because some bumps in the road shook me awake. It was painful, but I finally go up to a TS in Maryland! Never again!

homeskillet Thanks this.
  6. RockinChair

RockinChair Road Train Member

There's plenty of 'em. They usually start out like "there I was, going down Donner in the snow when I lost my brakes as my trailer started coming 'round..."

7. jason6541

jason6541 Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Omaha, NE
    I can’t recall buying fuel 1 time I went to bed and woke up I swear 300 mi down the road and bought fuel with my credit card at the time and to this day 15 years later have and recollection of doing it

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Draft saved Draft deleted