Trucking with a dog, what should I consider?

Discussion in 'Trucking Industry Regulations' started by wa6ems, May 29, 2022.

1. Tb0n3

Tb0n3 Road Train Member

Oct 5, 2012
    Earth
    To add to what others have said, be careful about a new to the truck dog. You might be surprised what they try to do. Don't let them distract you and train them to be out of the way. My new dog just lays in the passenger seat until I set the brakes and she's up and wild.

And if you don't want the windows open sometimes you can just pull the fuse. Be prepared to carry a spare key at all times though. I've had mine lock the door a few times.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. drivingmissdaisy

drivingmissdaisy Road Train Member

Jun 10, 2019
    I have advice.

Watch out when walking your dog. Sometimes you can get shot while walking her.

4. 201

201 Road Train Member

Apr 16, 2014
    high plains colorado
    I knew this site would "go to the dogs" eventually. 2 things, keep it on a leash ( $75 dollar fine here, loosely enforced) not all people are dog lovers( me included) and people that love dogs tend to forget that. My all time BIGGEST pet-peeve with some dog owners, is they pickup the crap( required, again no enforcement) in a plastic bag,,,AND LEAVE THE BAG!!! For who to pick up? Oh, that grinds my gears, and if I ever actually see someone doing that,,well, let's just say I hope I don't.

5. Tb0n3

Tb0n3 Road Train Member

Oct 5, 2012
    Earth
    Yeah. #1 rule should be PICK UP YOUR DOG ####! So many irresponsible owners that just don't care about anybody but themselves.

Another Canadian driver, 201 and alds Thank this.
  6. tscottme

tscottme Road Train Member

And always have a truck key in your pocket when you get out of truck. No exceptions.

7. wa6ems

wa6ems Light Load Member

Sep 9, 2012
    La Pine, Oregon
    Alot of good advice. It will be interesting having a dog with me I guess I will see how it works out.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.