Trucks not stopping to weigh in

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by ACH1130, Mar 22, 2012.

1. DirtyBob

DirtyBob Road Train Member

Sep 2, 2010
    Indiana
    I can't even remember the last time I pulled into a scale. The only ones we don't get a green light are usually EB 40 NM so they can run the numbers and the coop on EB 70 coming into Indiana. I'm always asleep for those.

Hell, when I was local running Cajon 2-4 times a day I never got pulled in once during the 4 months I did it.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Pullin2

Pullin2 Crusty Canuck

Nov 5, 2011
    Whoville Pub, Long Island
    I hit at least two scales per night shift. Always the same ones. My record, when all the coops on my route were open, was 5 scales in a 10 hour return shift. Empty or loaded, in I go.

SL

4. dirtyjerz

dirtyjerz glowing beard pouty kid

Jun 7, 2011
    Playing in Traffic
    They always pull me in, loaded or empty. Usually its wb loaded and eb empty. Flatbed too. Last year i ran a daycab with a maxlite trailer, 26,300 empty with full tanks of full, and would not even get the bypass lane in the coop. Sometimes id get the go light before even stopping on the scale. Was nice to haul 53k+ and still be good. Well and home everynight.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2012
  5. Pmracing

Pmracing Road Train Member

Jan 28, 2011
    Arlington Heights, IL
    Sometimes it is the name of the carrier that gets you brought in.

Mikeeee

6. ACH1130

ACH1130 Road Train Member

Jan 23, 2011
    Land of far far away,
    wish we had the prepasses, the weigh station by us ets annoying

7. xFreeWord420x

xFreeWord420x Light Load Member

Mar 10, 2012
    Leetonia, Ohio
    I didn't know about this prepass stuff either.. but then again, we are strongly urged to avoid scales at all costs.. so pretty much all of the places I go, I never even pass one.. DOT isn't to friendly to our nasty dump trailers.. or to scrap haulers in general.

NadeauTrucking Thanks this.
  8. ChuckK70

ChuckK70 Light Load Member

Dec 23, 2009
    Detroit, MI
    Michigan has that sign.

9. ACH1130

ACH1130 Road Train Member

Jan 23, 2011
    Land of far far away,
    With freight its different, they enforce you to go through it and never avoid it(my terminal any ways) The scale by us we cannot avoid with our 13'6'' trailers since the main road has 12'10'' or shorter, even the back roads in CT have bridges that are under 10 ft. I really think they have it like that so trucks cannot avoid it. Our straight trucks can get under the 12'10'' bridges no problem

10. 6Shooter

6Shooter Light Load Member

Feb 10, 2012
    Omaha, NE
    not pointing the finger at you Xfee, but...I would be scared to death to drive a rig and work for a company that purposely avoids the scales...those kind of vehicles can be a danger to yourselves and to the general public...it's no wonder the DOT likes to eat them up like candy.

ACH1130 Thanks this.
  11. NadeauTrucking

NadeauTrucking Light Load Member

Jul 24, 2011
    Bristol, CT
    you say that but you have know idea what its like to be a scrap hauler. i get loaded with crushed cars and i have no idea how much i weigh. sometimes its 60k, sometimes its 90k. most junk yards where we get loaded dont have scales. if you dont know how much you weigh, would you wanna have to pull into a weight station and find out your 2-10k over?
    no, you wanna get that #### where its gotta go and off the truck asap.

MrFred Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.