Trucks on the wreck of the MV Zenobia

Discussion in 'Truckers' Photo Shack | Art Gallery' started by Hinotony, Apr 3, 2017.

1. Hinotony

Hinotony Bobtail Member

Apr 3, 2017
    The MV Zenobia sank in 1980 in about 130 ft of water, most of the trucks in the hold were European but I think there is a PIE tarp in there somewhere.

scottied67, 7-UP and Getsinyourblood Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Steel Dragon

Steel Dragon Road Train Member

Nov 23, 2015
    Captain of the ship, requested parking, and was denied...lol.
    A truck driver would have just parked that wench and blocked everyone in.

4. rabbiporkchop

rabbiporkchop Road Train Member

Feb 9, 2012
    Wapwallopen, Pa
    MV Zenobia ran aground in Irvine Harbour on 26 September 2003.
    [​IMG]

MS Zenobia sank in the Mediterranean sea, close to Larnaca, Cyprus, in June 1980 on her maiden voyage.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. Big Don

Big Don "Old Fart"

Sep 8, 2007
    Utah's DIXIE!
    I'm pretty sure that one of those trucks was recovered, and assigned to me, when I worked for Western Rock!:confused::D

6. daf105paccar

daf105paccar Road Train Member

Apr 15, 2012
    There used to be a UK truckingfirm running to the Middle East with PIE on their trailers.
    I do not know if they had a connection with the USA PIE.

7. DougA

DougA Road Train Member

Dec 16, 2013
    Retired,In my shop in Md.
    Put my semi on the Edmond-Kingston ferry in Puget Sound once.Back in the 80's,I delivered a load of equipment in North Seattle.Had to go over to Port Hadlock,Wa. which is on the west side of Puget Sound, and pick up a Navy harbor cleaning boat,to take back to Norfolk,Va.Talked to a guy at the jobsite where I unloaded,and he recommended the ferry,great idea.Saved a ton of miles instead of going all the way back down to Tacoma Narrows and back up.When you go to get on the ferry,they have a marker you pull up to,and they measure you,and charge you by the foot.No commercial trucks during rush hour,cars only,but I was mid morning.They pack you inside the ferry like sardines.I was loaded against the inside wall of the ferry,had to climb out the drivers door,to get out.Nice scenic beautiful ride across the sound.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.