Truckstop.com and RMIS (same company)

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by Mattflat362, Sep 21, 2021.

1. Mattflat362

Mattflat362 Road Train Member

Feb 18, 2015
    Avon Lake, Ohio
    My God man if you are paying these idiots just stop! I have seen their comifornia work ethics cost quite a few brokers some loads now! Large reputable brokerages that decided to rely on these fools for their ins cert needs.

They are one of the worst companies I can think of on par with Crapple.

Because they are West coast, they are hours behind when minutes matter. They suck so bad that I find myself in disbelief when a brokerage can not simply accept a ins cert from either myself or directly from my ins agent because they are so reliant upon RMIS! It is hilarious.

It doesn't effect me because I have more loads than my tiny one man operation can handle anyway but man would I be aggravated if I was a brokerage and relied on these morons to simply facilitate insurance certs.

Rant ova!

Last edited: Sep 21, 2021
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. nikmirbre

nikmirbre Road Train Member

Jul 27, 2011
    High Point NC
    I had no idea they were the same until I signed up with a few brokerages. Its good that the information is centralized. Kinda.

4. Mattflat362

Mattflat362 Road Train Member

Feb 18, 2015
    Avon Lake, Ohio
    Good idea with whiz poor execution! And really not necessary at all IMO.

Ins certs are super duper easy to simply email over to a brokerage.

I would not pay a single red cent for their service if I was on the other side of this nonsense.

nikmirbre Thanks this.
  5. Gutzdeep42

Gutzdeep42 Bobtail Member

Jan 6, 2022
    Couldn't agree more. They were already slow and semi crappy but when truckstop bought them out and took over it went to complete and absolute hell in a crap basket. Its like they told all RMIS employees that they needed to adopt and implement the same service level and type of customer service truckstop.com has aka the worst of the worst with that "we are truckstop.com either like it or f-off cause we dont give a crap cause you dont have a lot of options" mentality. I used to be that when the email was sent to them requesting a cert we would get a reply within a few minutes saying they are working on it but now we are lucky if we get a reply that they even started working on it within an hour. Its been taking 2-4 hours PER CERT request over the past couple months. Its gotten so crappy that if im not up shat creek and no options and can find another truck if that carrier isnt set up i just turn them down cause I dont have time to deal with RMIS lazy I dont give a crap BS. Whats sad is the higher ups in our company LOVE THEM because they are dirt cheap oh and because they have no idea how awful they are... I mean we tell them but unless its lightening their wallets its like white noise.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.