Truth of the mid 20's cascadia.

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by Keepforgettingmypassword, Jul 5, 2022.

1. 77fib77

77fib77 Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2010
    St Louis
    Did they hook up to the pig tail and see if it's outputs were right? .

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Keepforgettingmypassword

Keepforgettingmypassword Heavy Load Member

Jan 11, 2022
    I'm not sure. But I brought it some where more repturable and they found it to be the trailer.

77fib77 Thanks this.
  4. 77fib77

77fib77 Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2010
    St Louis
    I have gone to a big TA and they had a machine where it hooks up to the trailer pig tail hole. It would show if the brake lights are on all the time. It should be as simple as powering the trailer and walking behind to see if they are on. But of course the machine tells what's wrong with the trailer to a point. It's either the truck or the trailer.

Unlikely it's your new pig tail. In my case it was a fuse on the truck. The tech charged the tanker company who's trailer it was. Saved me a $140? But I waited 7 hours for 40 minutes of shop time and I was ready to pay. He's like just sign. What? it's already written up.

5. AModelCat

AModelCat Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    Those will be a problem spot again soon. Tape is just a temporary fix and won't be long before the wires corrode again. Best to shrink tube it if you can get a piece slid over it easily. May have to cut and solder/splice the ends together and heat shrink it.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.